General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding will be limited this year

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Riding will be limited this year

Just wanted to lament a little about my riding season being seriously limited this year. The wife is taking a job 2hrs away and my son (age 10) and I are staying here for at least another year. He loves to ride with me but I am reluctant to take him on a "serious" ride. I know there are many different opinions on this but that is my decision. I love having the time with him and am very fortunate to have a lot of free time with him. However, I also had time to take off for longer rides solo which, as you all know, is very good for the mental well being. He and I will get out quite a bit but they will be short "watered down" rides to say the least. Just venting. Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I feel your pain and respect your decision completely.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Family first. But a ride is a ride, short or long. I do agree with longer rides being more fun.

My wife works 2-10, so if we ride on the weekends that she works, we have to be back by noon. But then, sometimes I like to go somewhere after she leaves. The messed up part is, she makes me fell guilty when I do, which isn't that often.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:00 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

My kids are 27 & 29 and I'll say this, ENJOY the time you have with your son now. There will be plenty of time for long rides after he's grown & out of the house. Which, will happen before you know it. It's amazing how fast time flies and then you look back and wonder where the hell it went. Good for you for having your priorities in order! It will pay off in the long run.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbinesaint
Just wanted to lament a little about my riding season being seriously limited this year. The wife is taking a job 2hrs away and my son (age 10) and I are staying here for at least another year. He loves to ride with me but I am reluctant to take him on a "serious" ride. I know there are many different opinions on this but that is my decision. I love having the time with him and am very fortunate to have a lot of free time with him. However, I also had time to take off for longer rides solo which, as you all know, is very good for the mental well being. He and I will get out quite a bit but they will be short "watered down" rides to say the least. Just venting. Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.
Riding doesn't even come close to caring for your son. Good on you for knowing that.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that has allowed me to not miss out on anything with my son. The time is very valuable to me. Thanks again.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:48 PM
JOHNNYFLHR
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 610 Likes on 367 Posts

Maybe when your not riding you guys can start a little project bike ( mini bike ) or something.