General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Story to Share

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:02 PM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Story to Share

I find the situations and some of the experiences during riding worth sharing, for a laugh.
Names and specifics left out to protect my own butt.

Last Thursday afteroon I'm on the interstate heading to get oil for the 1k service.
65mph, radio at a reasonable level and I'm Papa-OO-Mo-Mo'ing to SurferBird, if you have to ask you're too young .

I heard a few horn honks behind me, a quick look in the right-hand mirror, but didn't see anything...
Then I realized there was a small green car passing me, partially in my lane and getting too close, she was maybe 15-20" from me. I did a quick counter-steer in my lane. She flew by me, earbudz in her ear, just jamming to her music, heading bouncing around and beating the hell out of her steering wheel.

A mile down the road, I pulled onto the exit ramp. Folks stopped all over the place and a couple drivers were out of the cars.
When I went through the light a couple of cars were still sitting there. I got maybe 1/4 mile down and there was the green car, driving with the rear bumper hanging on by only the left side, getting dragged down the road. She was still just digging the tunes.

As she made a right-hand turn, I noticed a local officer 500ft down in a business driveway. I pulled in, told him "There's some gal driving a small green car, Ohio tag with the first three digits XXX... She got really close to me on 480 and now she just turned right at xxxx street with her rear bumper hanging on for dear life". He told me "Hang-On"
He grabbed the two-way mic "I just got a partial tag from a MC rider, vehicle turned right on xxxx street". He thanked me and took off.

I woold really enjoy knowing what that was all about.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:28 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Oh, what do you do for the "too dumb to take care of themselves" group? No doubt she was given several tickets but none for being a dumb butt.