General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love the look on kids faces

Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love the look on kids faces

As i roll through a neighborhood and see the excitement in children as they stare in awe .... i toss them a friendly wave, maybe twist it some so they can enjoy some of the growl.

They look at us as if we were superheroes lol.

And if i have my 6yr old daughter on the back, she gets a kick out of thinking they are jealous of her.

Hard to explain, but im betting/hoping at least 1 of those kids will grow up with a passion for HOG, which all started with my friendly wave. I know thats what happened to me when i was a youngster

Tough to describe without seeming like a creep waving at little kids lol ... but hopefully someone feels me on this.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Strahley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, it's great. It's really fun when you see a big group of them walking to a park (like for a class field trip or something), and most of them stop and stare while the teachers are trying to keep them moving

Old 05-30-2014, 05:16 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,491 Likes on 636 Posts

Roger that! Kids are the future of everything. I'm sure we all remember being in awe of something cool when we were kids, and how that influenced us growing up.

I wave at kids if they are checking out the bike. Not sure who ends up with the bigger smile, me or them!

And we're not being creepy, it's just being friendly. It's too bad the world is so F'd up that you have to worry about this. But I have 3 kids, and yes I understand the concern.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:24 PM
LonestarXL
Road Captain
Received 283 Likes on 108 Posts

I live near an elementary school and ride by on the way to work as they're all going in. Mom and dad don't look thrilled usually, but the kids are all smiles and digging it. I know there are some future riders in that crowd.
More wave etiquette LOL If they wave at me I wave back if I can or nod, but I don't initiate.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Allison Wunderland
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just A Great Big Kid ! ! !

Yeah . . .

The beach destination town just down the road, Seaside, OR has a "main drag" (Broadway) which runs down the center, down to the beach and the "turn-around." This is the place to "be seen." Town is all about hanging out in the summer, hot girls, guys, campfires on the beach. Bumper-Car concession, salt-water taffy, souvenirs . . . There's an "Arcade" w/ video games -- pretty much opens out onto the sidewalk, sidewalk tables, a pizza outlet. It's the West Coast version of Coney Island.

There's Dundee's, a sort of half-baked, reasonably respectable "biker bar" on Broadway. They have Sports Big-Screen, sell Guiness, and feature a salad bar.

Broadway is the "make the scene place to be" in the summer.

And so, I'm rolling down to the turn-around, full-dress Street Glide, set up pretty much like an Ultra w/o Tour Pak. Just got the Vance & Hines Power Duals dumping onto 4 1/2" Monster Rounds.

Pulling up to the stop light. It's "No Turn On Red" -- couple middle school boys on a "surrey," the rental four-wheel, fringed top pedal thing that's very popular for tooling around in town.

Stereo on my ride is blaring "Bad To The Bone" while I we're waiting on the red . . . Boys are turning right, I'm turning left. Just for the hell of it, I crack the throttle.

"Gawd damn! I'm totally fuggin' getting me one of those!" -- Boy on the surrey.

Yeah, I feel the same way . . . "LMAO*

Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

My metrics don't get much attention, but there's something about the Harleys that almost always gets kids' attention, both the sporties and the Glide. I try to wave at them, too. My 5 year old grandson loves riding, but he's so small I don't take him out of my cul de sac.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Quite often as I'm cruising thru a sub-division a group of kids will stop and a couple of the boys will twist the right hand for me to rev the motor. It is neat to watch them. My grandson can't wait until he is old enough to ride, he's 4 so he has a few years.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still remember waving to my neighbor when he rode by on his Indian almost 60 years ago..

Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,491 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by Allison Wunderland
"Gawd damn! I'm totally fuggin' getting me one of those!" -- Boy on the surrey.
Sweet! That's awesome!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:24 PM
paul0311
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Give em the

Attached Thumbnails I love the look on kids faces-heavy-metal-devil-horns-hand-sign2.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I love the look on kids faces