General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experienced riders introducing Noobs to bking.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Bulldog10
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Experienced riders introducing Noobs to bking.....

Just curious about stories/experiences introducing Noobs to biking. In past few weeks I've gathered a few.

A girl Id been dating climbed on few weeks back and loved it, but me not so much. She managed to burn her shoe into pipe, and had apparently had a gallon of wine right before climbing on. Fine when we started and then suddenly I was worried she would fall off sideways even with backrest. Good grief. LOL. Quickly became 20 min ride and subsequent "intervention".

This past weekend I took another GF on a WI trip to door county (about 200 miles total) and she loved it. She balanced well but is six foot and top heavy LOL. She picked it up pretty quick but gotta say is only girl I've had on back who could climb on without using passenger pegs.

Credit to her, cause in that short ride we had two near misses and she didn't freak a bit. First one was a deer on county road that jumped over highway in front of us. About 60 mph and after heavy braking missed us by 10 feet. Second was jerk at intersection that sat there until we were close then pulled out. No traffic to prevent him from going so I was watching for stupid move. Had already braked and was in right side of lane. If I hadn't we would have hit.

She still loved it. Go figure. As experienced rider it def got my attention. I didn't explain that with all the miles I logged these incidents were memorable. Two in one day were a personal "best".

Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

My OL enjoys her drink. So, the only "problem" I had when she first started riding with me was her flashing her **** to other bikers while under way. No biggie to me, but when guys started running off the road or trying quick u turns to get a better look, things got a little dangerous. Other than that, there have been no near-misses or anything like that.