General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone involved in Goergia & Daytona, Florida Bike scene?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 02:22 PM
CISO1969
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone involved in Goergia & Daytona, Florida Bike scene?

I need to check out a guy who states he is pretty well known, yet I cannot find any information on some basic and more advanced web searches regarding this person, motorcycles, or the states he says he has lived in.

He replied to a local Craig's list ad I had out looking for motorcycles.

I guess what makes me wonder is he didnt have any specific bike to sell , but rather asked me what I was looking for and he said he'd tap or check his sources, look around. He seems sincere, gave me his name and cell number. But like I said I cannot find anything out about him via standard searches.

If it was someone on this forum, I'd not bat an eye, but Craigs list shadiness is something you always hear about, and also not finding any reference to him or motorcycles, concerns me since he said he was well known- well known usually means you'd find their name somewhere and for some reason.

So anyone who is involved in motorcycle shows, racing, restoring...IE tuned into the motorcycle community in Georgia or the Daytona, FL area I'd like to run his name by you to see if he is legit or if you know of him.

if you are that gentleman and see this as a member here and respond and are offended, I apologize, but "Trust but verify" isn't a bad thing. I can't think of another source where I am a member, that would touch bikers in those states so felt this wasn't a bad way to see if all checks out.

Thanks in advance guys. I don't want to post his name as I don't feel that would be fair, but will tell you if you are tied into the scene and "should" know him and shoot me a private message.

Lee

Last edited by CISO1969; 06-17-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 AM
CISO1969
Cruiser

Anyone involved in the scene in Georgia or around Daytona who might let me bounce a name off them?

He isn't in trouble, hasn't done anything wrong, I'm just doing a low rent back up check to see if he is legit and if anyone has heard of him.

Thanks,

Lee

Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Google his name & cell number. If you know what county he is from, most of them have public access on their web sites to info like real estate, civil & criminal court records, etc., etc. OR maybe try posting an ad on CL in the area where he's allegedly from.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:04 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I would suggest shopping closer to home.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
CISO1969
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nytryder
I would suggest shopping closer to home.

He is currently the next town over from me. He claims to have a place in Georgia and his cell is a Dayton FL area code

I also have done google searches, and many other searches--all bring up guys with that name no motorcycle connections

Old 06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Be careful - this is how baby mamas look for people! LMAO!