General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painful in Laconia.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 PM
CD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painful in Laconia.

Time and money to rebuild my cam chest just haven't been there until recently. Even so, time has still been short but I'm making progress.

Guess I can live with missing part of what's a fairly short riding season in these parts but there's something making me grind my teeth' I live about 20 minutes from Laconia, NH. All week has been bike week. To boot, one of the more commonly used routes to the rally leads by my front door. As if that's not enough, I work a couple of miles from Weir's beach.

What that adds up to is a steady parade of happy Joes blasting by at home and at work. V-Twins thundering in my ear all day, day after day. Of course, I drive right by Weir's beach, the Looney bin, the Broken spoke and Laconia Harley all week. Of course it's all festivity and people are hanging and having a good time in all these spots. Add to that the rally's reputation as "Rainconia" as hardly a year goes by without some rain. Not this year. Nice weather every day. Did I do something to get on God's bad side?

On well. At least I stopped into the rally a couple of times. Had some fun and found some accessories for the bike. It's just not as much fun not riding in. Somewhere in the back of my mind has been a little biker cussing me out for a week now. I'm usually the last one to want a bike event to end but I have to admit, this year Monday will come as a relief although I do hope everyone had a blast.

Ah, well. Just needed to vent a little. Time to trudge out to the garage and see if I can't get that oil pan back in. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. Never let life get in the way of keeping the bike on the road. I feel like such a weenie. Next year I promised myself I'll take the whole week off.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:57 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,188 Likes on 8,354 Posts

S**t happens!

Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 555 Likes on 307 Posts

Sounds like you have extra time on your hands. Work is a great way to make money.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:37 AM
CD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
Sounds like you have extra time on your hands. Work is a great way to make money.
Did you miss the part where I said bikes were blasting by at home and at WORK? I have a full time job. At least make an effort to read and understand if you're going to try and insult someone.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey CD, don't feel too bad. Many of the people at bike week didn't ride their bikes either, judging from all the trailers I saw. Joking, but you know what I mean.
I blasted over Friday and meandered home Saturday, 650 mile round trip. Good time, great weather, great ride.
Get em next year.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That the reason for multiple bikes... At least 1 of them should be running at any given time.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 AM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,314 Likes on 2,198 Posts

I rode out Tuesday and came back Thursday. I don't think it's a big deal, but then I'm not drinking. Once you've seen the shirts and accessories in one tent you've seen them all. All the food tents have the exact same food which I wish I avoided since I almost **** myself in Vermont on the way home. But like you said, the weather was great and you guys have some gorgeous scenery and the riding was great. I can understand your frustration missing that.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,695 Likes on 1,985 Posts

Originally Posted by DGDeuce
I rode out Tuesday and came back Thursday. I don't think it's a big deal, but then I'm not drinking. Once you've seen the shirts and accessories in one tent you've seen them all. All the food tents have the exact same food which I wish I avoided since I almost **** myself in Vermont on the way home. But like you said, the weather was great and you guys have some gorgeous scenery and the riding was great. I can understand your frustration missing that.
that pretty much sums up my thoughts about rallys. Not being a drinker, much of the festivities are just lost on me. One good thing, the great riding and gorgeous scenery will still be there when your bike is back up.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:39 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by CD
Did you miss the part where I said bikes were blasting by at home and at WORK? I have a full time job. At least make an effort to read and understand if you're going to try and insult someone.
look at the bright side....ya could of had a running bike but a bitch of an ol with a running mouth.......I will be free of her, come next Laconia, ya can be sure of that!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Never been to Laconia and I'm only about 280 miles from it. I'd like to go some year but haven't made it yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painful in Laconia.