General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We, as riders, can also be stupid

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 04:28 AM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,086 Likes on 1,545 Posts
Default We, as riders, can also be stupid

I was in my cage today coming back to NOVA from Front Royal for those familiar with the area. Just got onto 66 E/B. While on the ramp a HD rider on a fully decked out tourer (appeared to be touring) would not move over for me to merge on and his left was wide open. Oh well. Adam henry's everywhere. I moved to the left lane as we were going into a steep incline and the rider didn't appear to be in a hurry. I was behind another cage and we were doing about 70 in a 70. The rider was catching up to a truck in his right lane while the vehicle I was following was getting ready to pass in the left lane. Suddenly the rider speeds up and is catching the truck quickly and I was thinking there was no way he was doing what I thought he was doing. He caught up and cut into the left lane just before hitting the truck and the cage in front of me had to brake and swerve left onto the shoulder or he would have certainly killed the rider. A mile or so ahead I caught up next to the rider and was showing him he was number 1 but he refused to look at me. He knew that was a douchebag move. I hope he realizes how close he came to buying the farm.
We complain about stupid driving by cagers but we can be just as bad as them.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:57 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I see it all the time....plenty of A$$ hats to go around, not just in cages...

Old 06-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Taranwanderer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had something similar happen yesterday. I'm driving on the interstate in my VW to Electric City HD in Scranton PA, to pick up my wife, who had just been rear-ended at a stoplight on her Sporty, so this is fresh in my mind. A sport bike comes up behind me (I'm in the left lane, behind a pickup and we're both about to pass a semi,) *** hat cuts over into right lane, zips in front of both of us and causes everyone to jam on their brakes, then proceeds to go in between cars, swerving in and out of lanes, being a real ********. I had to fight myself from thinking, "man, part of me hopes you get flattened." Next thought was "it's guys like you that make people have the opinion of sport bike riders that they do." Asshat.

She's ok, btw--really just got bumped and messed up her plate bracket and broke one of her tail lights.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they are everywhere and drive all sorts of vehicles

Old 06-28-2014, 06:04 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Examples of stupid are all over the planet, all we can do is try to show how good riders do it better, safer, etc. As it says its the journey not the destination. Is that a bumper sticker somewhere? it should be.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm not saying what those two did were right, but any time I pass on the right is because I've been following someone in the left and even though they've had ample opportunity to get over and they just sit there. Or worse, they pace a car in the right for miles.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:16 AM
GrumpyBear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why but it seems like there are some riders that think an HD, a pirate outfit, and a wallet chain make them invincible and or bad a**. Seen a few of them hit the deck over the years.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:27 AM
SquirtGun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guns don't kill People, People kill People....

The mode of transportation is irrelevant...It's who is behind the wheel in this f'ed up world.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Seems to be a case of alter-egos run wild.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 AM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's actually "alpha hotel"...

Quick Reply: We, as riders, can also be stupid