General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot Harley Riders lane splitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiot Harley Riders lane splitting

Lane splitting is not liked in Ca by many cagers where it islegallet alone in other states where it is plain illegal to do.

If you come to my states DON't be splitting lanes. It gives all bikers a bad name when people break the law.

If the 6 Idiots riding from Az to Vegas Sunday over the hoover Dam with Ca plates come on here you guys are plain tools. Lane splitting is ILLEGAL here a back up in traffic does nto mean you weave through and on the wrong side of a double yellow line as to not wait. I am not even sure if it is legal to pass traffic in Ca on a two lane highway. I think it has to be at least a three lane road as passing on the yellow line side and the shoulder side is illegal

Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 PM
tireater
Banned
Default RE: Idiot Harley Riders lane splitting

LANE SHARING is passing between cars - not between a car and outside line - this would only be legal on off and on ramps - and NOT over the white line. The police want you to be going not more than 10 miles over traffic speed - and only when traffic is going slow.
Splitting cars at freeway speeds really makes cops mad here. If an accident happens - it's the splitters fault...
Splitters should realise that in big cities - like LA - the lanes are much narrower - but even cops on baggers split cars there...

Old 04-03-2007, 05:16 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are right about lane splitting...legal in CA...not sure any other state allows it. But, even if legal, it is a choice...not mandatory. Shoulder riding is illegal.

Passing in CA, and most states that I know of, is allowed unless there is a 'solid yellow' stripe in your lane. Dashed yellow, go for it.

It was nice meeting you at the LA meet & greet, and impressed that you would put on the amount of miles you did for a two hour get together. Best regards.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,200 Likes on 3,169 Posts

Split lanes, or shut off the motor and push while the oil cools ?

Tough choice.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: vegashd

If you come to my states DON't be splitting lanes.
Your states? Dayuuuuuum! You are a RUB.

[sm=joke.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM
MikeG
Advanced

A guy was just killed on his Harley last week lane splitting......... Somehow he fell off and was run over by a truck hauling sand. It happened in the Bay Area.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:27 PM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

ORIGINAL: vegashd

If you come to my states DON't be splitting lanes.
Your states? Dayuuuuuum! You are a RUB.

[sm=joke.gif]
[sm=exactly.gif]Beat me to it Bro. Serious J/K vegashd

Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MikeG

A guy was just killed on his Harley last week lane splitting......... Somehow he fell off and was run over by a truck hauling sand. It happened in the Bay Area.
People get killed on MC's every day. Sad but true. So does this mean lane splitting is the #1 killer? I DOUBT IT.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Bluerose

Sorry for the dweebs that did that but like sport bike riders are not all bad niether are California Harley riders....Probably a couple of weekend warriors that got away from thier wives for the weekend.

Lane sharing is between the lanes not weaving in and out of traffic or going on the wrong side of double yellow lines. They would had had a nice ticket here for that too.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 PM
tireater
Banned

We have a serious problem developing around here - older guys who at 55 get a bagger as their first bike. Missing a turn or crossing the line and hitting a car head on...lots of old/new bikers dying.
We also havea problem with girls on rice rockets they can't handle - but thats another story...

Quick Reply: Idiot Harley Riders lane splitting