General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got maced in traffic today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 AM
indiablue
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got maced in traffic today.

For what it's worth I'm in Minnesota.
Took the family to the Como Zoo in St. Paul today. I rode the bike cause the wife gets me. Spent the day at the zoo and all was good. Started heading home west of the cities. Then we started hitting rush hour traffic. Still clippin' along in the center lane at about 35-40 mph on I-94 my eyes start burning. Very quickly it got so bad I couldn't see for more than a second or so before I couldn't keep my eyes open at all. Started alternating one eye at a time and still couldn't hardly see through the tears.
I couldn't see the lane next to me or the shoulder for that matter. I think other traffic could tell something was wrong and my wife in the Yukon started blocking traffic for me from behind. Got off random exit and found myself by the Cabooze/ Whiskey Junction area off of Cedar.
Washed out my eyes with water left over from the cooler in the truck. My eyes still burned but it got better. Cleaned off my face and a little oily crap from my shades. The ride home for the next hour or so was thankfully uneventful. Went to a meeting with Bill W. for good measure though.
I never saw the jackhole that did it and don't believe I did anything to provoke anyone. I've been maced, pepper sprayed, gassed, and all that fun stuff and I'm almost certain that it was mace. That cheap crap women buy and put on key chains or keep in their purse.
I guess I just look like a guy that wanted the crash or maybe die. Maybe they didn't like my pipes or the color scheme of my bike. Who knows? Crap like this makes you really hate people in general.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a cryin shame, man! I'm very glad to hear you were able to exit the hwy, & make a reasonable recovery without lasting injury.

Perhaps I've just lived too long, but it is increasingly apparent to me this nation is now literally packed with individuals that, in an earlier day, would not have (and should not have), survived infancy. Our govt and the now-prevailing culture protects, supports, and encourages the ascendancy of the worthless, the puerile, and the "entitled." Were it not so, the current occupant of the White House would never have seen the inside thereof, except on visiting day. Guess that's why I never get on my bike without a .357 snubnose in pocket. One of these days . . .

Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 AM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang....That just plain blows....Glad the wife was behind you and had the time to get off and wash out your eyes....WTH are ppl thinking these days...

Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 AM
The Dude
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You were not by any chance wearing any sunscreen? I had some on my face and between the wind and perspiration it found its way around my glasses and into my eyes, they started to burn and had to stop and wash them out. I only wear glasses with gaskets now.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:00 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man... F ing cowardly act if it was there intention to mace you

Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Default R U Sure it was mace?

Knowing what I know... and this aint much... Mace blows around in a wind. Having a direct blow or driving thru a cloud - it would take a hairspray sized can to do damage in a "cloud" at moving speeds.. My hunch (if not the mentioned sunscreen) is vehicle discharge.. None the less its still gonna hurt...

Old 07-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Some people's kids...

Speaking of which, M&P340, exactly what good would a snub nosed .357 do for you in this instance? And, your inference to our present president is equally useless, in this case. But thank you, for showing just how easy it is to become part of the ignorance in this day and age.

OP, glad you were able to tough it out, and made it safely to where the problem could be taken care of. I've had stuff blown into my eye before, but can't imagine it being anything like having mace in both. Talk about 'coolness' under duress! Props to ya bro!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

sure it was not sunscreen in the eyes....been there done that felt just like you said....

Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Man I hope that it wasn't mace for otherwise it just gives us one more reason to be misanthropes.
Has anyone heard of a biker getting shot at random? I remember years ago in Arizona there were a couple of incidences, but they couldn't rule out gang involvement.
I've had plenty of attempts to clip my front wheel while being passed. Guys trying to show how bad-*** they are. Scary ****.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That had to be a scary moment. Glad you are ok and had the wife to block traffic in her SUV (mine does that for me, too)

Quick Reply: I got maced in traffic today.