General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Street Glide to be Twin coooled

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,207 Likes on 940 Posts
Default 2015 Street Glide to be Twin coooled

Well according to this story it is.....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/ne...ust-the-start/

Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
proraptor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting

Old 07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,097 Likes on 489 Posts

FWIW, the dealer told me the only changes for '15 are colors.
I know, I know, he's just trying to sell me a '14 now, but if the SG is going cooled next year, I may just buy a '14 anyway.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Cattle-Dog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the reporter is just uninformed. It was based on a spy shot of the 2015 SG. This is the image they posted with the article:

So either they "spied" a 2014 or there are no radiators on the 2015. No lowers and nothing on the front of the frame.

I did find it interesting that Levatich spent so much time overseas and now instead of turning the globe on to an American icon, I guess he wants to turn HD into a "global motorcycle company".

Originally Posted by Levatich
“We need to change people’s perception of what Harley-Davidson is all about. We used to make motorcycles for Americans, which we happened to sell all over the world. Now we make global motorcycles for everyone.”
I'm sure they will sell more bikes globally and make fantastic bonuses. But they will dilute the brand and lose market share at least in the US.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:31 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,616 Likes on 4,623 Posts

thats the same guy that rode the spy shot of the road glide!! I want to apply for his job!!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My feelings exactly. Harley has been moving in this direction for awhile now. They believe that their future rests in the global market, specifically India and China and they have no qualms with abandoning the American market that made them what they are today. Sad statement of affairs, but when profit and greed is your primary motivator that's the result.

No need to even read between the lines based on this quote from the Pres of HD.
“We need to change people’s perception of what Harley-Davidson is all about. We used to make motorcycles for Americans, which we happened to sell all over the world. Now we make global motorcycles for everyone.”
Harley has been moving in this direction for awhile now. They believe that their future rests in the global market, specifically India and China and they have no qualms with abandoning the American market that made them what they are today. Sad statement of affairs, but when profit and greed is your primary motivator that's the result.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-24-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:44 PM
speeddaddy
Tourer
Received 495 Likes on 153 Posts

Sad indeed. It's too bad success has gone to their head. If the real badasses who have chosen Harley forever decided to switch teams HD would be in big trouble.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:46 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Just wait until they make the Softails and Dynas twin cooled.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe they have a different perspective.

Since Harley began to make bikes, the USA was the most successful Country in the world. The rest of the world looked to the USA for leadership, and Harley was a part of this.

However, recently the USA has shown signs that it may be in decline, and it only makes sense for US manufacturers to cover their bases.

While the USA market made Harley what it is today, maybe there are concerns that it will not be able to make Harley what it ultimately wants to become.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,186 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
My feelings exactly. Harley has been moving in this direction for awhile now. They believe that their future rests in the global market, specifically India and China and they have no qualms with abandoning the American market that made them what they are today. Sad statement of affairs, but when profit and greed is your primary motivator that's the result.

just because they are making bikes in some other countries, for sale in that country, does not mean that they are abandoning the american market. a lot of other countries have a much higher population of motorcycle riders, being able to tap into that market would have a huge impact on hd's bottom line. and regardless of what people think of the moco, we really do want them to succeed, don't we?

Quick Reply: 2015 Street Glide to be Twin coooled