General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who installed Yaffee Monkey Apes

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Brian MD.
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Those who installed Yaffee Monkey Apes

did you measure the pull back you needed or did you go with there standard 9" pull back? Looking to get the 10" bars for my 2014 Ultra Limited.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,630 Likes on 4,624 Posts

I have installed a few of these bars on bikes, including mine. hardest bars I've ever done, and the e glide ones are harder than the roadglide ones, the difference is the RG ones have an extra hole on the bottom angle to help you pull the wires thru. eglide ones don't have that hole. the bar selection was always done by the owner, I was the installer. Hints are to run the throttle wires first, they are the most fragile, and need more care when running them, and I don't cut the pins on these wires, lots of issues can arise. I had to cut the pins off the switch harness, as I could not make the bend with the pins on. solder the pins back on after the wires are thru the bars. ( i Leave a short length of wire on the pins, about 2", and just solder the wires together) also besides removing the plastic connectors, remove the black plastic sheath, and use electrical tape to make the wiring harness as small as possible, also you need to protect the harness from the sharp edges inside the bend, its crap in there and will cut the wiring insulation, its going to be hard, be patient, use drugs, hypnotism, take anger management classes, large amounts of alcohol, preferably, a drip system to keep it flowing while trying to pull the wiring thru. the left side goes easier, (no throttle switch harness to mess with), you won't have to cut the pins, (will save time, ) I can't help with deciding size, I have used on mine the 10" ones and work great, and you don't need to do any wire extensions, if I can help any more, (minus running the wires!! I won't install these bars again. I lose money!!) I have taken over 6-8 hours on these bars, let me know

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 07-28-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 PM
kirbyblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want some , theres too many to choose from.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Brian MD.
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
I have installed a few of these bars on bikes, including mine. hardest bars I've ever done, and the e glide ones are harder than the roadglide ones, the difference is the RG ones have an extra hole on the bottom angle to help you pull the wires thru. eglide ones don't have that hole. the bar selection was always done by the owner, I was the installer. Hints are to run the throttle wires first, they are the most fragile, and need more care when running them, and I don't cut the pins on these wires, lots of issues can arise. I had to cut the pins off the switch harness, as I could not make the bend with the pins on. solder the pins back on after the wires are thru the bars. ( i Leave a short length of wire on the pins, about 2", and just solder the wires together) also besides removing the plastic connectors, remove the black plastic sheath, and use electrical tape to make the wiring harness as small as possible, also you need to protect the harness from the sharp edges inside the bend, its crap in there and will cut the wiring insulation, its going to be hard, be patient, use drugs, hypnotism, take anger management classes, large amounts of alcohol, preferably, a drip system to keep it flowing while trying to pull the wiring thru. the left side goes easier, (no throttle switch harness to mess with), you won't have to cut the pins, (will save time, ) I can't help with deciding size, I have used on mine the 10" ones and work great, and you don't need to do any wire extensions, if I can help any more, (minus running the wires!! I won't install these bars again. I lose money!!) I have taken over 6-8 hours on these bars, let me know

Harley dealer quoted me 9 hours labor. Talked to guy at Yaffee and he said the stock cables work up to 12" bars.I just have to get measured for the right pull back.
Thanks

Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,202 Likes on 5,397 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
I have installed a few of these bars on bikes, including mine. hardest bars I've ever done,

Childs-play...fish some wire through these bars and tell me again how hard those are...

Old 07-29-2014, 06:51 PM
FLHX-HD
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monkey Bars

I put 12" yaffee monkey bars on my SG.. Found them NEW on eBay , They were pre wired all chromed out switches and housings. Easy to install.. Kit came with the cables as well. I did all the work myself. Great plug and play set up.. Best upgrade I ever did on my ride. Well worth the money..

Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,630 Likes on 4,624 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Childs-play...fish some wire through these bars and tell me again how hard those are...

bet those were fun!!!!