General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 HD Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 01:48 PM
FLaVaZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 HD Nightster

Hi from Long Island, NY! (maybe this thread should be in New Members?)

anyways, not quite an owner of a Harley yet, but looking to buy a 2010 Nightster from a private owner within the next couple of days and was looking for some opinions/advise. With that said, the bike is in excellent condition with 4900 miles on it and has been well maintained. The bike is all black and has some mods on it.

V&H Short Shots (no A/C, no Fuel Manager)
Forward foot controls
Blacked out turn signals
Comes with the 2 up HD seat and solo seat.
Battery Tender

Here is my main concern. The bike pops on deceleration like crazy and I’m hoping that I can have that fixed for relatively cheap once I bring it to a shop. I have done some reading and I know that I will want to do a A/C and fuel module in hopes to fix that problem or at the very least lessen it. I have negotiated a price of $7,000 for the bike. Should I go for it? Do you think it will be a pain trying to get that popping out?

On a side note, its weird that it pops as there is no aftermarket A/C. I read that the bike should run fine when its just an exhaust that you add. I did read somewhere that there could be an exhaust leak?!

Looking forward to everyone’s input. Have a great weekend!

Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
LonestarXL
Road Captain
Received 283 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to the forum! You'll get more responses if you post this in the sportster section.
I'm not sure what those bikes go for you in your area, but it might be a little high. You're looking at the 5000 mile service coming up right after you get it, plus the added cost of a tuner solution for the popping so I would try and get that price down, but again depends on your area I guess. That's low miles though and it sounds like its in good condition.
Lots of bikes pop on decel with just exhaust. Short shots are really open and it's running lean. Lots of ways to fix that, from XIED's to tuners and dyno sessions. Do your research, there's tons of options out there. If cheap is what you want, get some XIEDs and put them on yourself, you're talking about $100. I'm betting that will take away most of the popping, if not all.
Good luck!

Old 08-01-2014, 03:19 PM
FLaVaZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will try posting there as well.