General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a couple of real 'Badasses' yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:18 AM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Saw a couple of real 'Badasses' yesterday

Yesterday zipping down I90 we get passed by 2 street glides doing 75-80. Dudes are leaned way back feet on highway pegs. No hands. GF says did you see that?! I just said ya real f'in cool. Dumb-asses.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah Dumb Asses not Bad Asses

Old 08-02-2014, 07:46 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Yeah Dumb Asses not Bad Asses
Someone will say that was "bad ***", even though like you said, it was dumb ***.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:30 AM
ngshop
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Why are they dumb asses????? 75 to 80 mph or look Ma no hands?

Old 08-02-2014, 08:44 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it is hard to drink beer or smoke with your hands on the handlebars. there are plenty of people that will ride a few miles with "no hands" from time to time. set the cruise and let go, the bike will continue in a straight line. by shifting your weight slightly you can change lanes and go around curves. if they were not in heavy traffic with several trucks in the mix, they were probably not badass ********. don't be so quick to judge--they may have tons of miles riding like that.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 693 Likes on 357 Posts

I've been known to do that from time to time, but never in or around traffic. People need to spend more time worrying about themselves instead of what others are doing (unless others actions are putting you in a bad situation or in harms way). Jus say'n

Old 08-02-2014, 08:59 AM
ngshop
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess my (for me) record of riding 36 miles with my arms folded across my chest on a rural 4 lane road makes me less than adorable. I don't know how all of those Road Glide guys ever discovered their slow speed tank slapping wobble. Most said their Harley dealer told them the "MOCO" said you were not supposed to ride with hands off the handlebars.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Nitschke
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_RoadKing
Yesterday zipping down I90 we get passed by 2 street glides doing 75-80. Dudes are leaned way back feet on highway pegs. No hands. GF says did you see that?! I just said ya real f'in cool. Dumb-asses.
Only months of therapy will allow me sleep after hearing about these heinous acts.

Regardless the public should be informed so such actions will never be repeated.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Steve635
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that this would actually bother a fellow rider, really shows the pervasiveness of the nanny state. Gee I can't do that, thus it is unsafe (because otherwise those guys are better riders than I am) and no one should be allowed to do it. Granted we only know the details the OP provided, and if they were riding this way in anything other than sparse traffic on an open highway than he has a valid point. They do not have the right to needlessly endanger others on the highway, but on an open road where they are the ones at risk and choose to accept that risk? If we follow the logic of denying the right to take unnecessary risk to it's conclusion, then we are all driving Camrys.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Knuckles73
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheres the "RUB" police when ya need 'em?

I mean seriously, did they cause you pain, grief or threaten your safety in any way? Then STFU!

Quick Reply: Saw a couple of real 'Badasses' yesterday