General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership rave

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Jbic68
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership rave

Today I will no longer refer to my local hd dealership as a stealership. I was on one of my bikes today out for a ride sitting at a light on 21st and Topeka blvd in Topeka ks when my bike died. I'm thinking crap what now so I looked down at my fuel filter and there's the problem out if gas. So I push it around the corner into the parking lot so I thought maybe they might have some gas I can buy from them. Go to the parts counter ask the kid working there he says maybe follow me, he hands me a gas tank with about three gallons in it says take what you need when your done ask the service dept what you owe. I said thanks. I put about a gallon in there take the tank back in ask them what I owe the dude said dont worry about it. I'm shocked I said are you sure! he said "yep glad we can help".My hats off to Topeka hd for doing that. And kicker of it I wasn't even on my harley I was on my old honda chopper because my harley is broke down. So after today no more bad mouthing the dealership. My rave is over.

Last edited by Jbic68; 08-02-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Can't spell
Old 08-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

They gave you $4 worth of gas? Nice, but not exactly earth shattering.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Crimson

Wow, tough crowd.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 AM
JerseyDoug
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Sometimes its the little things that count.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbic68
Today I will no longer refer to my local hd dealership as a stealership. I was on one of my bikes today out for a ride sitting at a light on 21st and Topeka blvd in Topeka ks when my bike died. I'm thinking crap what now so I looked down at my fuel filter and there's the problem out if gas. So I push it around the corner into the parking lot so I thought maybe they might have some gas I can buy from them. Go to the parts counter ask the kid working there he says maybe follow me, he hands me a gas tank with about three gallons in it says take what you need when your done ask the service dept what you owe. I said thanks. I put about a gallon in there take the tank back in ask them what I owe the dude said dont worry about it. I'm shocked I said are you sure! he said "yep glad we can help".My hats off to Topeka hd for doing that. And kicker of it I wasn't even on my harley I was on my old honda chopper because my harley is broke down. So after today no more bad mouthing the dealership. My rave is over.
Nice gesture on the part of the dealership, but....

What did they do to you in the first place that was soooo bad you referred to them as a stealership?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:54 AM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Trust me, when you are broke down on the side of the rode and out of gas that gallon of fuel is worth more than $4.00 to you.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by doug62
Trust me, when you are broke down on the side of the rode and out of gas that gallon of fuel is worth more than $4.00 to you.
Its not like they came out and brought it to him 25 miles out from the dealership. He pushed it into their parking lot, and they handed him a can.. LOL. Again, nice of them not to charge him for it but next time he goes in for an o-ring they will charge him $4.00 for a $0.10 part and get it back.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 AM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's nice. And when the store has a complete employee turn-over then the niceness stops and stealing will start again.

They probably gave you old nasty gas they drained out of somebody's tank.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:32 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by doug62
True. And to the negitive nellies...you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc

What did they do to you in the first place that was soooo bad you referred to them as a stealership?
Bastards probably charged him to do work on his bike. Shady, shady, I tell you. . .

Quick Reply: Dealership rave