General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudo's for St. Charles HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:09 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kudo's for St. Charles HD

Local dealer who usually does good. Has a new parts guy who left his village without an idiot. He was in sales---he now is in parts. Long story short. I order a part for 1985 HD. Paid for it. Went to pick it up. Was told it wasn't available anywhere since it was obsolete. Was told they were still looking. I got home and was called on the house phone by girlfriend. She informed me I needed to return to the dealer to pick up my money. The village idiot had called her at work. Part was no where to be found. They tried everything. I fired up the internet right then. I listed the part number--ST. Charles HD pops up. I call. Helpful lady tells me she doesn't have the part. I expected that. Told her thank you, she told me hold your horses. She then gave me the name of four other dealers who had the part and phone number. I call the first one she gave me. It is Fort Smith HD. Parts guy puts his hands on it and ships it to me. I returned to local dealer to get my money back. Village idiot is still volunteering that the part is nowhere to be found. We have a come to Jesus meeting in the store. Not sure if this is the right location for this thread. If you need a part I recommend St. Charles HD. The way business should be ran.