General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts dealers that suck- direct cycle parts is one

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:05 AM
jasonbum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Parts dealers that suck- direct cycle parts is one

My review of Direct Cycle Parts-
Very poor customer service. I have been waiting about 2 months for a refund. Emailed and called a bunch of times. Bought part from Arlen Ness- pure garbage stuff BTW. Had to send parts back to Ness (who's customer service sucks) and then hope to get refund from Direct Cycle Parts.
Needless to say, I will never order from such a rinky dink business again. I wanted to give someone else a shot instead of keep going to the big guys. There is a reason why these big guys such as JP and Kirk have such good business- because they care about customer service.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me see if I have this right: You purchased from Arlen Ness stuff from DCP and then sent the parts back to AN even though you bought them from DCP, from which you demand a full refund.
Is that about right? If it's not, what am I missing?
If it is, my question to you would be: How the hell can you expect a refund for parts sent back to a company other than the seller?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
jasonbum
Cruiser

Yep. They had me ship back to ness. Not to dcp.
waiting on refund from dcp.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:46 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Q1 - You buy from vendor and ship to the mfg? DId the vendor give you an RA for Ness? If not you didnt question this?
Q2 - Why didnt you just contact your CC company?

As a retailer myself, by law we must account for the completion of the sale process which includes the refund process. Something is either wrong or fishy

Old 08-12-2014, 07:50 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Something definitely sounds out of whack.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At this point why wouldn't you just resolve with your credit card company and be done with it?

Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Q1 - You buy from vendor and ship to the mfg? DId the vendor give you an RA for Ness? If not you didnt question this?
Q2 - Why didnt you just contact your CC company?

As a retailer myself, by law we must account for the completion of the sale process which includes the refund process. Something is either wrong or fishy

His story is somewhat confusing. If you take what he says verbatim, he says he bought the part FROM Ness, returned it to Ness, and is asking the vendor to give him a refund. If he bought the part from Ness what the hell does the vendor have to do with the transaction? I guess he meant he bought a Ness part from the vendor.

Either way it doesn't make any sense. I have seen vendors ask that you send a part to the manufacturer for REPLACEMENT but not return. Any vendor who suggest that to me I tell them if that's what I have to do to get a replacement then I just want a refund and return it to the vendor.

Something very obvious to me that hasn't been asked, what was wrong with the part? The answer he gave was very ambiguous.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 AM
jasonbum
Cruiser

He is me. As I explained... I purchased footpegs from dcp. These footpegs are manufactured by Ness. Dcp had me return directly to ness before they would issue refund.
Rubber fell off footpegs. Ness sent superglue and replacement rubber. Unacceptable fix

Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonbum
He is me. As I explained... I purchased footpegs from dcp. These footpegs are manufactured by Ness. Dcp had me return directly to ness before they would issue refund.
Rubber fell off footpegs. Ness sent superglue and replacement rubber. Unacceptable fix
why is that unacceptable? that's probably how they are put on when they are mfg..... it wasn't too long ago that you could buy a 'footpeg repair kit' from harley that was the same thing, some rubber and superglue.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
4_stroke
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its common practice. Organisation with big catalogues often have drop ship agreements with suppliers to keep their inventory down. You buy from one company but it gets shipped direct from the manufacturer, who also handles the returns. The problem is, as you have found, you only get a refund when they get a refund from their supplier. It should not happen this way but it does. It may be AN holding up the process.

Quick Reply: Parts dealers that suck- direct cycle parts is one