General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes, Another Seat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Alamomann
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Yes, Another Seat Thread

Just got back from Sturgis. 1,500 miles one way from south Texas.

I knew my RKC stock seat would be uncomfortable so I had Mean City Cycles re-stuff it with memory foam earlier this year. Unfortunately the seat is still very uncomfortable. They're a very good company, and I've asked them if there's anything else I can try. Waiting on that reply.

I'm a big guy - about 6'3" and I go a good 260. I love the looks of the stock seat on my RKC, and I'd prefer not to go to another seat. Having said that, I really need to do something before making another trek across country.

Other than "lose some weight, fat ***" any big guys out there have success with a certain seat or a specific modification? Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,655 Likes on 3,222 Posts

You looking for a solo or two-up seat? I'm 6'2", 230 lbs. and got a LePera Daddy Long Legs seat. Mine is the Outcast model which is a solo seat but they have many other models available in the DDL version. I find it really comfortable, not rock-hard like some say the LePera seats are. Moves you back almost 2 inches compared to the stock seat.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

That mustang regal looks like a nice couch to sit on. regal is the pillow top seat. Big, wide, and soft. I have the wide regal touring version for a dyna but the RK one looks like a couch. May not like the pillow top look but they sure feel good. I love mine

Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

After many various attempts to improve, modify, augment, etc, seat comfort, I was told by a local motorcycle seat customizer that a seat's WIDTH is the biggest factor in long range comfort. It's been true in my case, anyway.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Alamomann
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dynamick
You looking for a solo or two-up seat? I'm 6'2", 230 lbs. and got a LePera Daddy Long Legs seat. Mine is the Outcast model which is a solo seat but they have many other models available in the DDL version. I find it really comfortable, not rock-hard like some say the LePera seats are. Moves you back almost 2 inches compared to the stock seat.
Probably a two-up. Never heard of LePera. I'll have to research it a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY
That mustang regal looks like a nice couch to sit on. regal is the pillow top seat. Big, wide, and soft. I have the wide regal touring version for a dyna but the RK one looks like a couch. May not like the pillow top look but they sure feel good. I love mine
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Mustang and Corbin. I just can't get past the looks... I guess I hoping against hope for the best of both worlds. I tried the HD Hammock for short runs, but never took it out for a couple hundred miles to really test it out... Hated the look but it was comfortable.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Alamomann
Tourer

Originally Posted by ThreatLevel Midnight
After many various attempts to improve, modify, augment, etc, seat comfort, I was told by a local motorcycle seat customizer that a seat's WIDTH is the biggest factor in long range comfort. It's been true in my case, anyway.
So my *** really is too big?? Ha!

That's interesting and it makes sense. More surface area to displace a large load like my body..

Old 08-11-2014, 07:33 PM
tinmarine
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Wide-Touring

Night and day vs. the stock seat. Top quality. Had one on the FatBoy and will end up with one of these. After a set of Ohlins.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM
BC72067
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My 09 came with stock seat. I'm pretty sure it is vinyl covered concrete. First ride after buying it was to Breaux Bridge, LA Crawfish Festival. 500 miles one way. When I got home I got on ebay and ordered me a take off from a 2010 Ultra Classic. that was a major improvement. This last month I put a Road Zeppelin on it. It is the most comfortable seat I have ever had on a bike, but damn expensive.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Ultimate seat! That's what I am going with. I've haven't heard anything but good things about the comfort of the ultimate seat.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Alamomann
Tourer

Originally Posted by tinmarine
http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Wide-Touring

Night and day vs. the stock seat. Top quality. Had one on the FatBoy and will end up with one of these. After a set of Ohlins.
That's the stock seat in your picture though, right? Or did you put the RKC emblem on your Mustang?

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Seat Thread