General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redwood Run 1985: What a Bunch of Knuckleheads!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:45 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redwood Run 1985: What a Bunch of Knuckleheads!

Just posted this over on the Blog.

Makes me remember that it wasn't so long ago that not everyone had a camera with them all the time. Makes pics like this more special. If you've got some cool vintage shots, post them in the thread. I'm sure everyone would love to check them out.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,839 Likes on 17,455 Posts

85, my first year was 89 when they still held it at the big field across the road from the campground before they bought the pit, now you mention it camera's weren't very common till the ******* came out . Did some crazy stuff at those parties and some of it made to film

Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
85, my first year was 89 when they still held it at the big field across the road from the campground before they bought the pit, now you mention it camera's weren't very common till the ******* came out . Did some crazy stuff at those parties and some of it made to film
Ha ha ha! So good.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Dutch1976
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Trim Reaper
Road Captain

My first redwood run was early nineties. I'm thinking it must have been 92. Never had a camera with me. Great fun and great music. The wet T-shirt contest always got out of control too. There were no T-shirts or anything else by the end. Damn that pic brings back some memories.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,839 Likes on 17,455 Posts

Originally Posted by Trim Reaper
My first redwood run was early nineties. I'm thinking it must have been 92. Never had a camera with me. Great fun and great music. The wet T-shirt contest always got out of control too. There were no T-shirts or anything else by the end. Damn that pic brings back some memories.
You may have been there when the 2 beer bimbos chased me around the stage with a bucket of ice water after I dropped my linen and mooned them during the wet shorts contest.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Trim Reaper
Road Captain

I see you're in Niles. I'm from the Campbell/Los Gatos area. My ex and son's mom is still in fremont. Used to ride the canyon all the time as well as everywhere else in the bay area. My hang out was "Otto's bar and no grill" in Los Gatos if you know of it. I suspect you do.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Trim Reaper
Road Captain

You may have been there when the 2 beer bimbos chased me around the stage with a bucket of ice water after I dropped my linen and mooned them during the wet shorts contest.
LOL!!!! it sounds about right. I probably do remember it but you know how it goes. My memory of it is a little hazy..... lol
Couldn't have been those nitrus balloons or anything like that.... ha ha ha

Old 08-22-2014, 09:53 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

1981 was my only trip to the Redwood Run, We left from Dublin after work and Froze our *** off getting there and slept along side the bike on a river bed. During the run I recall Ness riding around all day rapping out his new set of pipes. We had a good time.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:16 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,212 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by Trim Reaper
I see you're in Niles. I'm from the Campbell/Los Gatos area. My ex and son's mom is still in fremont. Used to ride the canyon all the time as well as everywhere else in the bay area. My hang out was "Otto's bar and no grill" in Los Gatos if you know of it. I suspect you do.
Otto's Bar been gone a long time.

Quick Reply: Redwood Run 1985: What a Bunch of Knuckleheads!