General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Harley hit a Home Run with the "Low" series!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:26 AM
Who Dey
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think Harley hit a Home Run with the "Low" series!

I think the biggest and best change in 2015 is the Ultra limited low and the Electra Glide Ultra Classic low. I know a lot of guys that would love to be on a bagger but they aren't tall enough. I am pretty sure that my 2013 Street Glide is going to get traded in for an Electra Glide low really soon. I am very excited that they did this and cannot wait to sit on one and try it out! A 25.6" seat height is just awesome on a touring bike. What a smart move on HD's part! Anybody with me on this?

Last edited by Who Dey; 08-27-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. I had to lower my Ultra 2". So, you know I am going to take a peek at a '15.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

this just illustrates how no matter what the moco does, someone is not gonna be happy. there are other posts how hd is so dicked up for taking a top of the line touring bike and ruining it by lowering the front and rear suspension.

so they can leave the suspension alone and people will complain because they aren't thinking of the short folks, or they can use shorter suspension components and people will bitch because they took the 'tour' out of it..... can't win... even though there are countless posts of people doing exactly the same thing.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:59 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, I'm glad I've got long legs, but these new "low" bikes will surely change the numbers on the thread about making U-turns on a tour bike !

Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Who Dey
Tourer

Originally Posted by skratch
this just illustrates how no matter what the moco does, someone is not gonna be happy. there are other posts how hd is so dicked up for taking a top of the line touring bike and ruining it by lowering the front and rear suspension.

so they can leave the suspension alone and people will complain because they aren't thinking of the short folks, or they can use shorter suspension components and people will bitch because they took the 'tour' out of it..... can't win... even though there are countless posts of people doing exactly the same thing.

There are a number of ways to lower the seat height on a motorcycle and not kill the ride by lowering the suspension. The seat is obviously one way, the tires could be another way and of course high quality shocks. The question I have is, how did they obtain a 25.6" seat height? I kind of doubt that they did it buy using lowering links and now the bike rides like a log wagon. I would like to know how the ride does compare to one with the higher suspension. I have had two motorcycles that i lowered and one thing that I will say for sure is, that both bikes handles far superior than they did at stock height.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

I like it. I like how they decreased the size of the primary cover also.

I will hit the dealer Friday night in Riverside. They are having a bike night and hopefully they will have one there.

I would like to get a Limited, but already have a big bike, and I can't trade the Super Glide in, since I still owe a little more on it than what I could sell it for.

I am thinking in another year or so, I will sell the Super Glide and get the Limited. That way I don't have to spend $30,000.00...I could get a good used one for less and save some money.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM
spdrcrjl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a fact people love to complain. Do they know that you can get BOTH the Ultra Classic and Ultra Limited in a "Standard" or "Low" configuration? A vertically challenged friend had to spend a lot to lower his new 2013 Ultra Limited (shocks, front fork kit, and seat) This new "LOW" option would have saved him quite a bit.

Buy what you like and like what you buy.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Who Dey
Tourer

Originally Posted by spdrcrjl
It's a fact people love to complain. Do they know that you can get BOTH the Ultra Classic and Ultra Limited in a "Standard" or "Low" configuration? A vertically challenged friend had to spend a lot to lower his new 2013 Ultra Limited (shocks, front fork kit, and seat) This new "LOW" option would have saved him quite a bit.

Buy what you like and like what you buy.

There is no doubt in my mind that they will sell a lot of new touring bikes because of this, I mean seriously...what a brilliant move on their part. I am big time excited about this and cannot wait to sit on one. Take my money HD!!! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to "Pull the trigger" on one of these real soon! lol

Last edited by Who Dey; 08-27-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 AM
FredAndrews
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you think this is a home run then you must be playing tee ball because all that stuff is crap

Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Well, I'm 5'8" and I love my 1200T Superlow (2014) and it is great that some of the bigger bikes will accommodate guys like me who are not six foot. Guess Harley figured out that some guys like me have money and buying power. Yuk yuk.

Quick Reply: I think Harley hit a Home Run with the "Low" series!