General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

waiting for painted parts from the factory is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:00 PM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default waiting for painted parts from the factory is killing me

Got in a wreck in July, spent a month fighting insurance to cover all damages, and the dealer said it will take 4-8 weeks for the painted parts to arrive (new fenders,fairing,saddlebags, etc)

It's been 4 weeks, and they still haven't arrived, I've been without a ride for almost 2 months. The weather is starting to cool off and I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get my bike back soon

Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
FredAndrews
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok very nice

Old 08-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Someone backed into my bike a few years back and it was new, still took 6 weeks for a new fender. But on the upside it matched perfect. I was lucky enough that mine was still rideable. Just looked bad, but I rode anyway.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Roni
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 582 Posts

That's why I have a second bike.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've previously bought add-on parts (which required color matching) for my '05 Ultra and the dealer sent the parts back to the factory. It always took at least 5-6 weeks. Be patient, it will be worth the wait to have parts that match and fit perfectly.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 AM
stircrazy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeast
Got in a wreck in July, spent a month fighting insurance to cover all damages, and the dealer said it will take 4-8 weeks for the painted parts to arrive (new fenders,fairing,saddlebags, etc)

It's been 4 weeks, and they still haven't arrived, I've been without a ride for almost 2 months. The weather is starting to cool off and I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get my bike back soon

same boat as me, 12 july some one backed into me, 5 weeks waiting for insurance, and 8 to 12 weeks for fender to come in. I can pick up my bike today as they put a take off fender on it so it is rideable for now.

Steve

Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Scrambler900
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why are you guys waiting and fighting with the Insurance Company for over a month? Seems ridiculous to me... And BS.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Because insurance companies hate paying out large sums, so they make the process excruciatingly slow to ensure they aren't getting cheated.

add in dozens of technical "glitches" where important information was lost/not received/corrupted, and you get the idea.

To get reimbursed for my helmet, I sent them 3 emails with 5 photos each of the helmet, a copy of the receipt for the helmet, a list of online references to confirm the price was accurate. And then I called them 4 times to confirm they received that information. (The first 2 emails had"glitches")

A week later, they called me back, and asked me what kind of helmet I had, and how much it costed.

Repeat this dance every week for vest, gloves, and the actual bike.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 AM
blue flht
Road Captain
Received 178 Likes on 103 Posts

Took 5 weeks to get my paint done, but it was like new.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Scrambler900
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeast
Because insurance companies hate paying out large sums, so they make the process excruciatingly slow to ensure they aren't getting cheated.

add in dozens of technical "glitches" where important information was lost/not received/corrupted, and you get the idea.

To get reimbursed for my helmet, I sent them 3 emails with 5 photos each of the helmet, a copy of the receipt for the helmet, a list of online references to confirm the price was accurate. And then I called them 4 times to confirm they received that information. (The first 2 emails had"glitches")

A week later, they called me back, and asked me what kind of helmet I had, and how much it costed.

Repeat this dance every week for vest, gloves, and the actual bike.

Maybe you should buy better insurance. They don't actually hate paying out for a claim, a lot of time its the actually insured who is the road block wanting to argue every step of the way. So in actuality yes I do get the idea. I have dealt with literally hundreds of insurance claims for my customers from simple, to large repairs, to total losses. The only time I have seen it take forever and fighting with them is when the owner of the bike was the one fighting the whole time. That my friends is reality.

Quick Reply: waiting for painted parts from the factory is killing me