General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Queen's Road Trip Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts
Default Queen's Road Trip Part Deux

I got back from my 5 day road trip last week and I'm just getting around to a follow up. First off, it was an amazing experience! I saw some of the most beautiful country side while traveling through Virginia. The history and beauty is breath taking.

Day one we started out at Smoking Harley Davidson in Winston-Salem, where we bought the obligatory "road trip" T-Shirt. As we were getting on the bikes, and within minutes of preparing to hit the road, I got a call from the local sheriff's department that I had lost my tag between my house and the HD store. So after meeting the deputy and getting my tag back on, I figured that a rocky start could only signal that the rest of the trip was going to be smooth. We traveled to Roanoke and with the many stops we made, arrived at our hotel at about 6 PM. We stayed at the Hotel Roanoke, they were very accommodating to us on our motorcycles and told us to park them under the covered walkway where the valets could watch them over night. Day two we traveled through Lynchburg, Staunton, Orange, Winchester and ended up in Front Royal. We were at a B&B for two days where we spent one whole day on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. That day alone was worth the trip. Day 4 we traveled through Manassas, Fairfax, Dumfres, Glen Allen and Bedford where we toured the D-Day Memorial. We finally ended up in Richmond where I had experience traveling on I-95 during rush hour and I decided I would never do that again. Drivers could care less if they hit each other's cars, much less motorcycles. I've never cursed or threw up my middle finger so much in so short a period of time. Then, after enjoying 4 days of beautiful weather, it rained on us all the way home. 6 hours....of rain. ALL THE WAY HOME. But we returned safe after over 1200 miles and I had a blast. I'm ready for my next trip and another 1200 or so miles. I posted pics in my album and they only scratch the surface of how great a trip it was.

Attached Thumbnails Queen's Road Trip Part Deux-trip2.jpg   Queen's Road Trip Part Deux-trip3.jpg   Queen's Road Trip Part Deux-trip11.jpg   Queen's Road Trip Part Deux-trip9.jpg   Queen's Road Trip Part Deux-trip12.jpg  

Old 08-31-2014, 08:36 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Always great to hear about a fun trip and safe return. Good on ya!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:49 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

Nice trip!
By the way, when you were traveling through the mountains, did you happen to see a dump truck trying to ram the guy and his lady on his Harley?
Word has it, there was gun play.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestrafen
Nice trip!
By the way, when you were traveling through the mountains, did you happen to see a dump truck trying to ram the guy and his lady on his Harley?
Word has it, there was gun play.
Oh my....what did I miss while I was gone?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:55 PM
fj1200
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like you had a great trip with experience with all types of roads. In my opinion, the first few days were the best riding.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:51 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you enjoyed to trip to VA and made it home safely. Western NC and W and SW Virginia is beautiful riding country.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Verelsian
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad You made it back. Hit up any good food spots?

Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 PM
NO PCKL
Road Warrior
Received 490 Likes on 269 Posts

Glad you had a good trip and made it home safely. Beautiful scenery on the Parkway. I always run the Parkway home whenever I'm at the cabin on the bike. 95 during rush hour is a rush isn't it? I travel it regularly. Live in Fredericksburg and work in DC. Wouldn't dream of riding the bike to work, I'm sure you understand why!