General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgot how nice new skins are

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:25 PM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Forgot how nice new skins are

Just put new Mtezler 888's on the 09 and had forgotten how much differnce new tires can make Ride is much cleaner, highway and around town. Got abot 17K out of the last ones, that was about a year and a half ago,so it was also time to do the fluids and I had always slopped a little oil around messing with the filter even withsliding some tin foil under the filter. This time I tried something I read here and laid a rag under the filter with foil on top. Knocked a couple of holes in the filter end with a screwdriver, let it drain and ended up not spilling a drop.
As long as I am on a roll, I recently bought the HF lift table after much selfdebate. The very first time I used it I managed to dislodge the removable plate at the back end of the lift and couldn't quite find enough lead in my *** to get the bike to back out of the hole it was sitting in. Used my bike lift under the rear fender tip (only a cople of inches of th fender was hanging over the table end) to jack it up enough to reposition the plate.
Fixed that as well before the oil change by drilling some holes in the plate and through the ledge it sits on, tacking some nuts on the under side and then running bolts from the top and now I can take it out only when I want to.
By the way other than the plate issue so far the HF table is working out pretty good