General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Improving Motorcycle Safety?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:22 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 614 Posts

I don't really see it as something that would be widely accepted in this market but the sport bike folks I can see it being accepted. I could see the HUD for a racing application for sure.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Dyna_Syx
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None of the proposed features have anything to do with safety. Helmets don't need texting abilities, voice commands, fuel gauges or gear indicators.

You shouldn't be reading texts while your supposed to be watching out for all of the other drivers (who are looking down reading their texts).

Old 03-14-2015, 02:51 AM
starkeep
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for all the suggestions and big thanks to everyone who took the survey.

Just to clear a few things up, this is just one of a few surveys that I have conducted, this one pertaining more to some of the potential elements of the HUD interface and some tech features that may or may not be in the final iteration. The actual interface will more than likely not contain everything mentioned in the survey, it was to see what people are currently using/would be interested in. This allows me to think about how to design a safer way for people to use the current tech that they do now. Just because I asked about it in the survey does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented or that I am sold on the idea.

I have since decided to forgo the HUD portion of my project and instead focus on improving visibility for riders via the helmet. Which was an overwhelming concern amongst riders.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:54 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by starkeep
Thanks again for all the suggestions and big thanks to everyone who took the survey.

Just to clear a few things up, this is just one of a few surveys that I have conducted, this one pertaining more to some of the potential elements of the HUD interface and some tech features that may or may not be in the final iteration. The actual interface will more than likely not contain everything mentioned in the survey, it was to see what people are currently using/would be interested in. This allows me to think about how to design a safer way for people to use the current tech that they do now. Just because I asked about it in the survey does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented or that I am sold on the idea.

I have since decided to forgo the HUD portion of my project and instead focus on improving visibility for riders via the helmet. Which was an overwhelming concern amongst riders.
I didn't finish the survey. Felt like a scam.
More questions about music, than safety.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 AM
starkeep
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Felt like a scam.
Not a scam but thanks though.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:24 AM
mike hawk
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Motorcycles are not like cars. There isn't anything else that can be done. No 'crumple zones,' or dash boards that are 'face friendly.'

Inherently they can be dangerous. And are dangerous, compared to a car.

It is what it is, and they are what they are...

Most bikers understand this, and accept this risk.