General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

selecting the right cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,345 Likes on 3,279 Posts

Originally Posted by skrody
Sweet man. Thats good to hear. You said you changed the inner bearing. Were you speaking of the cam bearing or the inner primary bearing?
Actually both...lol....the inner primary was leaking at Bout 60k and was repaired under warranty.
I did all the cam swap myself and it went very smoothly. It really wasn't that hard with all the videos on line...

Old 09-01-2015, 05:53 AM
skrody
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got around to doing the cam swap. Im sure glad i did. Thanks to everyone who took the time and posted on here, the swap went smooth. The Andrews 26H cams in my '07 Street Bob was a good choice for my first set of after market cams. Im loving the extra power when i hit the gas. It sounds angry at idle i love that. Gunna need a back tire soon because its just too much fun to ride now. Haha. The tourrington bearings for the inside. Nylon chain shoes were also swapped. (The probably didnt need it but hey i had the parts.) Slap all that back together easy as pie and adjusted the SE Pushrods there was nothing to it. Im sure glad theres this sight for dummies like me to get the insight needed to feel confident enough to get the job done.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats man....I did it like you and was very much satisfied....I am at 90000 miles now after installing them at around 52000 I think....loved the way the adjustable SE rods made my top end so much more quiet....Now I want more power....thinking 107 kit

Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 AM
skrody
Intermediate

The quest for more power never ends. Like i said it was a good choice for my first cams. But cams only do so much. I need to get a tuner still. Just waiting on the money. Just got back from vacation with the family and still need to recover from that. When i was riding the other day the bike wouldnt start after i stopped at the store. Battery was dead. Im on another thread about my charging system. The mean machine is back in my backyard shop again with the primary open. Cant wait to be back on the road again.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:34 PM
skrody
Intermediate
Default Finally done!

Got it all buttoned up. No problems yet. (Only the first day). Im taking the bike for an hour ride to work tomorrow and see how things do. The test ride today was awesome. I totally recommend the Andrews 26h cams to anyone who's looking. I had a problem with the charging system after the initial install so i couldnt give a true test and post. But now that i was able to ride with no problems, i can tell you without a doubt im going to love the new set up. Its stronger and quicker all around. It also seems louder which is a good thing for those idiot drivers out there on the road. Definitely gunna be turning heads from now on. Thanks everyone who posted. And thanks HDforum. Anyone questioning their ability to work on their bike themselves, just do it. Its not a hard as it seems at first. Theres so many people willing to help out on here and so many videos out there, its totally worth it. Get to know your bike inside and out. Have fun and ride safe.

Last edited by skrody; 09-02-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Just wait until you get a tuner....