General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:25 PM
bkozhuharov
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP

Hello everyone,

Excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong section, just new to the forum and I am a bit confused. So, I've purchased One piece Detachables Sissy bar upright Part Number 51146-10A. I am still waiting on the Sissy bar itself but I bought the docking hardware and I installed it today. I have 2016 Sportster Iron 883. I didnt have anything to lift it with, which I've read would make the install a lot easier. But, being me, really inpatient I decided to still go ahead and do it. As expected, it was really tight back there and I was not able to fit most of my tools. Anyway, I managed to do it (see pictures below). I played around a little bit, but eventually took the stock bolts and installed the docking hardware. So, my question is do you guys think I installed it legit? I mean, is it tight enough? I was not able to tight the lock nut, I was only able to hold it while I was tightening the screw from the outside. I tight it to a point where I was not able to go any more, but I am still not sure if it is done right. Attached are the pictures so you can get an idea how I installed it. I basically managed to put the little piece inside, hold it with the pliers and unscrew the screw from the outside. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I dont want my girl to fly of the back one day because the thing is not tight enough. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP-unnamed-2.jpg   Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP-unnamed-3.jpg   Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP-unnamed-4.jpg   Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP-unnamed-5.jpg   Sissy Bar INSTALL - HELP-unnamed-6.jpg  

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Mopar5599
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 362 Likes on 355 Posts

When the bar is locked into docking kit it's very sturdy and solid. You could easily lift the rear of bike with bar and not worry. I used blue loctite when I installed the docking kit on my 48 just in case.