General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Not sure if this is the right forum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Timbhmaxx22
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not sure if this is the right forum?

I've been riding for a long time mostly metrics I'm looking at my first Harley I've wanted one for a long time and this one a 1994 Road King Classic has got some years on it but it seems to start OK it rides pretty straight it did not wobbler no shaking in the front end seems to have good brakes and I'm not used to the vibration I did not notice anything that made me want to turn around and go back to the parking lot thinking about buying a the upkeep of the bike and the Evo engine if they're reliable and if they do have common problems or things that have to be dealt with periodically what are those in is it stuff that I'm going to have to put money into to keep it on the road I don't know anything about Harleys never ridden one and I'm just trying to educate myself lil bit so that I don't get the bike and then start having problems later

thanks for any help

Old 03-26-2017, 06:10 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

A used Harley is like buying anything else used there is always the possibility of something going wrong. Is the bike stock? If there has been mods done know what they are. If you are handy at all get a service manual for at least to do regular maintenance. You would be surprised just going through the manual doing maintenance what you can learn. Last but not least stay on the forums ask questions the guys here are always willing to help