General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Adding King Tour Pack to Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Ghostrek
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding King Tour Pack to Street Glide

My Wife talked me into adding a King Tour Pack with a detachable mount plus a set of arm rests to our Street Glide.&nbsp\\;That way I can put it on fairly quickly when she rides with me.&nbsp\\;I do not&nbsp\\;want to have it on when I ride by myself. I might change my mind after I get used to it.

My question is will I need&nbsp\\;the antenna relocator kit or part of it?&nbsp\\;I went ahead and picked one up, but after reading the instructions for all of the parts I will be installing, I am not sure I need it.&nbsp\\;The instructions for the antenna relocating kit show drilling for a chopped tour pack, but the King Tour Pack has an antenna location on it already.&nbsp\\;I am&nbsp\\;just not sure about the antenna cable and whether I need part of the kit in order to have an extension for the cable.&nbsp\\;I need&nbsp\\;to look at the parts a little more tonight before I start, but I think there has to be a quick disconnect of some kind&nbsp\\;to allow everything to be detachable.&nbsp\\;I pretty much have&nbsp\\;everything else put together ahead of time except for relocating the antenna and installing the docking kit, which I hope to do tonight.

I would&nbsp\\;appreciate any help with the antenna part if anyone has past experience with relocating the antenna.

Thanks,

Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 AM
rheston
Stage II

Neither my wife nor I required the antenna relocation kit with our two Street Glides. When we added the TourPaks to our 2008 SG's were found that the wiring harness that goes into the TourPak has all the required parts to connect itself to the bike.

You will need the relocation bracket to move the antenna base out from the bike frame a bit.

If you want I can send you a photo of one of our bikes so that you can see what I'm talking about.

robert.j.heston@rstarmail.com

Bob

Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
beaker
5th Gear
Thumbs up

loosen the allenhead screw that holds the antenna in the holder remove the antenna and measure it and cut it off just below the tourpack and reinstall it,, it did not hurt my radio reception.......