General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Harley Davidson Boots

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:20 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Boots

I posted this a while back but, I thought I'd give an update.

I had a problem with my HD Boots a while back. They're short double-zipper boots and one of the zipper pulls broke. I stopped by a HD dealership on the way home one weekend and, as fate would have it, the guy I ended up talking with in the boot/shoe department was a boot rep for Harley.

I asked him if I could get a replacement zipper pull and he told me he didn't think it was possible but, he'd look into it. According to him Harley doesn't supply any boot hardware spares anymore because people were taking them and putting them on non-HD boots (and in some cases selling them as the real thing).

So, I recommend being careful if you're looking to buy a pair of HD boots from someone other than a Harley dealer. Just make sure they have all the appropriate HD labels and come in a HD box.

Now back to the zipper pulls. Since I couldn't get replacement pulls, I had to come up with some other type of pull. I ended up taking the rings out of a couple of small key rings and replaced the factory pulls with the key rings. Since there were two zippers on each boot, I just replace the pulls that I used the most (the inside pull on each boot - one of which was already broken). They work like a champ. Much better than the factory pulls.

So, if you have a broken boot zipper or your boot zippers are difficult to pull you may want to consider replacing them with rings. Just make sure you remove all of the old zipper pull before you install the rings. You may have to cut them close to the zipper with a pair of diagonal cutters and pull the remainder out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson Boots

The boots are probably made by Wolverine World Wide....known also for the Cat(erpiller) and Hush Puppies brands. Company is based in Rockford, MI. Perhaps they can help.

I wear these: Rocky Boots They are pure comfort from the time I put them on until I take them off. And Provide good protection on and off the bike.

Let's stop supporting The MoCo's high prices just to wear their logo/trademarks.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hackd

Let's stop supporting The MoCo's high prices just to wear their logo/trademarks.
It's not always about that. I just got a pair of HD Sidestreet boots.

The reason is I could not find anyone else who had what I was looking for. I wanted low harness style boot with a zipper. I have huge calves due to many years of athletic activities that made them that way. Tall harness boots would not fit over my calves. I found these, ordered them to try them out and they worked. Yes they are HD, but actually the only place they say it is on the bottom and on the inside label. And I got them for about $25 cheaper than HD's MSRP. And I actually like the fact that they don't have an HD badge/medallion on the heel, boot tip or any other part of the boot.

Oh and on a side note I found an HD leather jacket that I like too. Again it is not because it says HD, but it is because out of all of the leather jackets I have tried on it is the one that is most comfortable. It could say Honda on it for all I care and I would still get it. For me it is about comfort. No matter what the label says.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile...For me it is about comfort. No matter what the label says...
No arguments with that.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:27 PM
CTClassic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, Just picked up a pair of HD brand boots from Sears on sale for $89.00, same pair at the dealer=$115.00 sometimes its worth looking around. thats $25 in my pocket

Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

Just got back from local Army surplus store (COOL place!)...got a set of brand new H-D (Wolverine) leather riding boots for $88.00 out the door...I'm happy!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
shovelhead78
5th Gear

I found a pair of HD boots at a run for $40. A storm rolled in and ruint the tent and most of what they had, well ruint the boxes. So they was selling all atleast 1/2 price. Had it not been for that I would not be wearing a pair. Lucky me I guess.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My boots are Magnums. Costs $20 and WELL worth it. You can go to a leather store and have that zipper replaced. Tim

Old 09-16-2006, 12:18 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are good looking boots... along the same lines I wear a pair of "First Responder" boots. You can find 'em at any store that sells uniform shoes and in some cases the bigger chain sports equipment stores @ $90-$100 in most places. Awesome comfort, light as a feather. Zippered sides with lace ups, steel toes. I think there is also a line known as "RG" or Response Gear that are very very similar looking but are a bit of a "knock off" if you will. Quality is not nearly as good upon close inspection, but I've seen them priced at $69-$75.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Big Red
Cruiser

I have a pair of HD boots only because they were on sale at dealer for 50 dollars, but if I had my choice I would go with the same boot I wear at work which is Danner, they last forever and dont feel like you even wear them.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Boots