General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

turn signal(s) problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:41 PM
duke
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal(s) problems

<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>75' XLCH 1000 Ironhead Sporty.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>I seem to have a problem(s) with the directional turn signals:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>A few weeks ago, both myright side would intermittedly work, and it appeared I had a problem with the button on the handle bar, so after I took it apart and cleaned it up, both rightturn signals workedfine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>Now, m</FONT><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>y "left rear" works fine, my left front does not work, and my both rightturn lights sometimes work, but are not very bright, and when I push the right side turn signal button in, I can barely hear the directional signal flash switch which I believe is located inside the headlight compartment.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>All the bulbs appear to be ok, as I tested them in theleftrear which is very bright! I tried to clean-up the brass contacts inside each of the turn signal bulbs (Plastic Lens) and sprayed some cleaner in there, but have the same problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" size=2>I am wondering if I am having a problem with the Directional Signal Flasher Switch inside the Headlight assembly - as when I push the left turn signal button in, it has an audible sound, and a somewhat fast click to it, but on the right side, when I push in the button, sometimes the lights come onbright, then not at all or when the lights barely come on, the Directional SignalFlasher Switch is much less audible and slow in clicking?</FONT></DIV>