General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Clear see-thru air cleaner cover DIY mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, use only blue loctite!
I know the pic of the screws looks like red loctite, but it's actually
red marker I used when I was gauging the depth and marking the template

Old 09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
hsr
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by knightenforcer

I found a suitable clear polycarbonate material made by Bayer, it's called "makrolon" and it has a good heat resistance and strength. I found an ebay seller that sells them in 6" diameter so I ordered a few (in case I make mistakes).
knightenforcer,

Awesome mod, but you know already know that! Do you have any info on the eBay seller that you ordered the makrolon from? Not finding any rounds on eBay or readily obvious on the net.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hsr; 09-29-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:17 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, It's been awhile and I did get some of your PMs. I no longer have the bike, I traded more than a year ago.
Regarding the questions on where I got the covers I dug deep into my old ebay purchases and I found the ebay seller, the ID is:"imagebyroberts2"
Not sure if she is still selling the Polycarbonate pre-cut pieces (bayer makrolon).
Hope this helps and Good Luck guys!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:44 AM
hsr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Hey guys, It's been awhile and I did get some of your PMs. I no longer have the bike, I traded more than a year ago.
Regarding the questions on where I got the covers I dug deep into my old ebay purchases and I found the ebay seller, the ID is:"imagebyroberts2"
Not sure if she is still selling the Polycarbonate pre-cut pieces (bayer makrolon).
Hope this helps and Good Luck guys!
John,

Thank you again for the eBay seller info. Emailed him last evening and here is the response I received:

Hi Jeff,

Welcome back! Yes, we can supply Makrolon, just haven't listed any for awhile. It is the same price as the acrylic, so if you need just a few, buy the acrylic and send a note to remind us that you want the poly instead. If you need a quantity, let us know and we'll set up a special order procedure for you.

Thank you for your business,
Dennis

I'm going to order today and hope this also helps someone else out. Thanks for posting this mod!

Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 AM
hsr
Cruiser

Received my Makrolon order on Tuesday. Five days from Colorado to Michigan with a weekend and Columbus Day thrown in. Not too bad. $10.89 for two 1/4" x Ø6.0" pieces shipped.