Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

Smokin Harley- bait in switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 03:40 PM
L2RmyHD
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Smokin Harley- bait in switch

Took it in for clutch recall. Also asked them to look at why toggle will not advance songs and why rear wheel squeaks EVERY time I press the pedal.

Got the call to pick it up.
'we updated the software but not sure it that fixed your radio issue-we didn't have time'.

'brake dust on rear causing squeak' no explanation as to why the front one doesn't squeal and I use it a lot more.

walked up to bike, an old guy was washing it, probably did not speak english so he rubbed the scratch he just put across the fairing with garden hose still in hand to show the service tech his error. Not sure if he knew I was the owner.

They wanted to try to buff it out but the buffer guy was off on Thursday.
Returned on Friday, buffed the crap out of it but still had a scratch. I told them to fix it right, they did the damage. But alas, the service manager is off on Fridays so have to wait for a decision maker.

Gave them the week end, knowing they are short staffed.
Monday, no call. Went to see them after work.
Bike was off to the side, no one present knew anything and guess what, the service manager is off on Monday too. I told them to a first class operation would handle their mistake and make it a priority.

They called on tth day to 6 to say they dug deeper into the radio, it was bad and would take 3 days for parts. Also, we will get the fairing painted.

Got the call on Friday to pick it up, day 9.

'We didn't paint it. The paint guy buffed it more and got out the scratch."

Unfortunately, we agreed on the phone to have it painted, I have no documentation to prove it other than they had the bike 9 days, and it is re-corded on receipt that there was a scratch found not documented on arrival with no charge and no other information.

No idea whether it took 10% or 95% of the paint to get out the scratch but they delivered my bike back to me in worse condition than when I took it for a simple clutch recall.

They mis-diagnosed the radio 3 times.
Spilled a half gallon all over the bike when they filled it up on delivery of my new bike so I am done with Smokin'.
They are 2 blocks from work but from now on I will go to Tilley's. 45 minutes away but they have a better reputation.

Last edited by L2RmyHD; 10-28-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:42 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good for you...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:53 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's "bait AND switch"..."bait 'n' switch"

just sayin.

Hope you find better service. If it's worse than it was when you left it, me, I'd push.