Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

Terrible experience with Rob's Used Harley Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 12:05 PM
BeSharp
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Terrible experience with Rob's Used Harley Parts

I just wanted to vent and warn you guys about doing business with Rob White from Rob's Used Harley parts.

He advertised a chopped tour pak for sale. I sent an email asking him two things: (1) is it black?, and (2) is it authentic Harley part and not aftermarket?

He told me yes to both. I was getting ready to go on vacation so I charged the $650 for the tour pak with the understanding that I'd pick it up from him when I got back.

When I went to pick up the tour pak, it was root beer brown and NOT black. Rob would not return my money. He said "all sales are final" even though he told me it was black (and looked black in the ad). He agreed to have it painted vivid black for me using his painter for an extra $150. I reluctantly agreed.

Well, when he sent it to me most of it was vivid black, but the painter missed some parts that I had to send back at my cost.

But the real problem is that when I went to put it all together and looked under the top of the lid it was clearly marked "Fairing Factory." Remember Rob assured me that it was genuine Harley. Basically he fraudulently sold me counterfeit merchandise.

When I told him that it wasn't genuine he said that it "looked good to him" and that I should just "put it on and enjoy it."

He has refused to give me a credit even though I could have bought the same thing from Fairing Factory new directly for a mere fraction of what I paid this rip-off artist.

I protested with the credit card company but all the stuff that they want for me to provide proof is almost impossible to get so as of now I'm stuck with this piece of crap and Rob is a total dick with horrible customer service and won't do anything to make it right.

My only hope is that any of you on this site thinking of working with this ******* thinks twice about it and goes elsewhere.

The following 9 users liked this post by BeSharp:
103 sedona orange (01-04-2017), BezerkoBob (01-04-2017), CndUltra95 (12-25-2017), Jarlaxle (01-04-2018), KevenC (03-06-2017), Makdaddy (01-04-2017), sdtheclub1 (09-28-2017), Vec (10-09-2017), VRADMAN (01-03-2017) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-03-2017, 12:11 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 336 Posts

valid complaint- but maybe wrong forum area

to avoid confusion, which seller is this, where.

did you buy through these forums?

and ANYONE looking to buy on these forums- check the Sellers posts....there are a few people who ONLY use these forums to sell parts- they never post in any other area.
but may have hundreds of "for sale ads"
and often the same parts are crossposted on other forums and ebay

I'd be happy if the forums or mods would tighten up on these types of sellers
I like the idea of us guys trading around the stuff we don;t need anymore- and I have had alot of fair and square deals with forum members- but I check out their posts first and see what kind of member they are.

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 01-03-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Looks like the seller is out of Reston, VA

http://www.robsusedharleyparts.com/photos/index.php

Old 01-03-2017, 12:21 PM
BeSharp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Looks like the seller is out of Reston, VA

http://www.robsusedharleyparts.com/photos/index.php
That's the one. Crooked. Avoid if you can.

The following users liked this post:
wengerda (09-22-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge; I've had to do that several times over the years and they always took care of me.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:38 PM
BeSharp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge; I've had to do that several times over the years and they always took care of me.
I did and it didn't work. They didn't acknowledge that my issue was with the part being counterfeit. They were only concerned about whether it was received correctly.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:37 PM
sureUdid
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Call the credit card company back and speak with someone else, if they don't handle keep asking for someone else. It is a clear case of fraud. Any dealer with half a brain can tell the difference in parts. He knew exactly what he was doing. You could take him to small claims court but it would be a pain being your in separate states.
Thanks for the heads up on this *** clown.......sorry for your troubles.

Jarlaxle (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:49 PM
BeSharp
Advanced

Originally Posted by sureUdid
Call the credit card company back and speak with someone else, if they don't handle keep asking for someone else. It is a clear case of fraud. Any dealer with half a brain can tell the difference in parts. He knew exactly what he was doing. You could take him to small claims court but it would be a pain being your in separate states.
Thanks for the heads up on this *** clown.......sorry for your troubles.
Small claims court is a brilliant idea. I'm actually quite close to the courthouse and he's far away -- that would be worth the trouble just to make him come and waste a day.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:51 PM
IBDAGRIZ
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by BeSharp
as of now I'm stuck with this piece of crap and Rob is a total dick with horrible customer service and won't do anything to make it right.
He's 56 miles away from you if you wanna make it right and get your money back. Maybe you guys do stuff differently than us boys here in Texas when folks rip us off.. Hope not.

Griz

The following 2 users liked this post by IBDAGRIZ:
feguy1 (09-22-2017), Vec (10-09-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 04:52 PM
mikeyglide
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was it shipped USPS?
If so call the postmaster in your area .
They'll investigate it as mail fraud.

Jarlaxle (01-04-2018)

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with Rob's Used Harley Parts