Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

lenale fan is a ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:43 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,622 Likes on 5,178 Posts

I bought one well over a year ago from an on line place. It did not last long caught fire.
Place I bought it from said nothing they would do.
A year latter Lenale saw a post about what happened me . He contacted me and Replaced the fan with a newer model he even paid shipping.
Now as to how much the fan does I am still not sure I know it helps some. I for one can not say a bad word about how they treated me.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LeNale
We have not received a reply from individuals complaining about the product when we offered to make it right. What you will find is that we take care of our customers. We have yet to charge any customer for labor even though we have a one year labor, 30 day parts warrantee. We had one that was five years old come in last week that was in an accident and we only charged the replacement costs of the parts to rebuild.
See my last post They went out of their way to track me done and make it right with me.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:46 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeNale
Mr. Walsh,

The fan is designed to be water resistant but not 100% waterproof. We recommend to customers not to use it in the rain or while washing the bike. We have tested it in those conditions with good results, but we still recommend not doing so. Please contact us through e-bay messages and we will replace your fan at no cost. We have a one year free labor replacement policy and a 30 day 100% replacement policy. LeNale Engineering is a service disabled veteran owned small business and we take pride in our product. Many years have been put into the engineering of these fans. It is our goal not to have any unhappy customers.
Wow, now there is something to talk about. I wish Klock Werks windshields had the same customer service. Sir you rock. I would purchase your product. Now Mr. Walsh say you’re sorry….

Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by partychief
[:-]dont buy it it isnt waterproof.mine burnt out in 1 week and the 30 day warranty was up.crook.
Burnt it up in one week and 30 day warranty was up .. Is something wrong with this picture?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:59 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by smitty901
I bought one well over a year ago from an on line place. It did not last long caught fire.
Place I bought it from said nothing they would do.
A year latter Lenale saw a post about what happened me . He contacted me and Replaced the fan with a newer model he even paid shipping.
Now as to how much the fan does I am still not sure I know it helps some. I for one can not say a bad word about how they treated me.
I know your complaint is Legit Smitty .. But when found out they made it right with you is why decided to go ahead and install mine ..

Old 08-01-2010, 08:16 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

I am happy with it

Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
mideconmike
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lenale fan is junk!

My fan didn't last 2000 miles. Blower was anemic at best. Constant fuse problems. Mine never saw rain. When I called dealer they said my unit was one of the first sold and was now "obsolete". I needed to buy a new "better" fan. Yea right! The horn relocation was a joke too. Yes it was out of warranty, but was a piece of crap from the start. Lenale, enjoy that $200, you'll never get another penny from me.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:24 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I am not against or for the Lenale Fan, just some experience with HD and their Parade Fan.
It packed it in after a year and a half.
The original warranty is for 90 days (dealer told me that)
Replacement fan is$200.00Canadian.
Found a replacement was $75.00 shipped to Wa State .
SPAL 7.5inch fan from JayCorp . that is water resistant.
This is the same electrical part used in the HD Fan and replacement that
has only a 30 day warranty too.
Your choice, buy it, dont buy it...we all takes our chances.
Just my .02 opine this morning.
Rob

Old 08-28-2010, 07:16 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Just as an update.. Used my Lenale Fan several times on the way to Sturgis and Back in heavy traffic and many times stuck downtown there .. Still works as well when I first bought it..

Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
atatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had 1 fan from them and it did not work. He did right by it and i have one that works and bought another as a back up,differant face on it. I have had it on my RG for 4 years and still wworks fine. went to sturgis with it on 99% of the time works great.
Burke in Sac Cali

Quick Reply: lenale fan is a ripoff