Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

lenale fan is a ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Originally Posted by peppi
You don't seem to back up what you say on another forum, you didn't even reply after making your first "claim" for customer satisfaction. The poster's fan caught fire.
I didn't read anything about "catching fire" ... the OP said it burned out! Big difference. Also stated that it burnt out in one ( 1 ) week and the 30 day ( 1 month ) warranty had expired ( how does that add up? ) . I'm sure he's ( the OP ) frustrated but no need to exagerate for effect! .... just my .02 cents worth.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I didn't read anything about "catching fire" ... the OP said it burned out! Big difference. Also stated that it burnt out in one ( 1 ) week and the 30 day ( 1 month ) warranty had expired ( how does that add up? ) . I'm sure he's ( the OP ) frustrated but no need to exagerate for effect! .... just my .02 cents worth.
My first fan did stick early on and it did have a flame.
But it was replaced BY Lenale with a newer model.
I had a issue with the fleebay seller but Lenale stood behind it 100% the minute they found out what was going on

Old 12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
klaatu19
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lenale rip-off

Bought the fan in Feb 2012 on Ebay, by Aug (in Sturgis) it took a carp!
now the cheap so-and so wants to charge me 60 bucks to "fix'" it
WTF?
my advice, don't waste yer money on this product.
Owner claims to be a disabled vet (?)
dude...i'm a life member of the DAV. Sevice connected on the bottom my VA ID card. Have ridden since 1966 when I got back.
grumble.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by klaatu19
Bought the fan in Feb 2012 on Ebay, by Aug (in Sturgis) it took a carp!
now the cheap so-and so wants to charge me 60 bucks to "fix'" it
WTF?
my advice, don't waste yer money on this product.
Owner claims to be a disabled vet (?)
dude...i'm a life member of the DAV. Sevice connected on the bottom my VA ID card. Have ridden since 1966 when I got back.
grumble.
A carp?

What if the owner IS a disabled vet, what difference does your status with the DAV make?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

My Lenale fan still woking great after one and half years or about 10K miles.
Sounds like a mini jet engine spooling up and moves almost as much air.

Why would anyone run the fan if it was raining?

The only problem I have is pure Heat Transfer. All that heat being removed from your engine has to go somewhere. That somewhere being your right leg.

Believe me if you get caught in really bad traffic on a very hot day you may question which is less painful:
Having your engine overheat and possibly be damaged...
or cooking your right leg...

Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my .02

I bought a LeNale fan 6/2011. A buddy of mine bought one at the same time. My buddy has not had a problem with his fan yet (fair and balanced reporting). Mine failed 10/2012. I never did have the need to use it until then. For the year and a half that I had it installed, I only turned it on a few times now and again to show someone here or there how it worked. The fan did get rained on a time or two, but was never turned on while it was wet. Last October I found myself stuck in traffic when a Justin Bieber concert let out in Las Vegas. I was glad I had the fan installed and ready to go for just this sort of thing, until I turned it on and it did not work.

Upon inspection I found that I had power to the unit, but it appears to me that the plastic fan itself is separated from the motor, unless it is some kind of friction drive. Anyway, no way I can see to fix it myself.

I contacted LeNale through ebay recently and he told me the same thing he has told several other posters on this thread. I can send it to him and he will repair it for $60.

Pros: If you buy one of these fans it may work fine for you as they have for many posters on the forums and even if it does fail you can send it in and have it repaired for $60.

Cons: If you buy one of these fans it may fail after very little use as they have for other posters on the forums and if it does you can send it in and have it reparied for $60.

Personally, I don't think I'm going to have it repaired. Not because $60 is an unfair price for repair, but because the fan let me down when I needed it and I just don't have confidence in the product now. I will praise a company or product when it is warranted and I can't remeber if I ever posted something negative, but I wish I had read a review like this before I bought one. The failure rate of these fans seems higher than what I am comfortable with after researching online now that they have been on the market for awhile. If I had used this fan on a regular basis for a year and a half and then it failed, I would send it in and have it repaired in a heartbeat. I estimate the run time on my fan to have been no more than 15 minutes total time.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM
1mccormick
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your contact info, cannot find you on eBay and my fan is a POS - freakin cover fell off the first day because the glue wore off! Now I see all these warnings about don't let it get wet and blowing out accessory line fuses? Mine even came with hand-written notes that it needs to be hard-wired to my touring bike???

Originally Posted by LeNale
Mr. Walsh,

The fan is designed to be water resistant but not 100% waterproof. We recommend to customers not to use it in the rain or while washing the bike. We have tested it in those conditions with good results, but we still recommend not doing so. Please contact us through e-bay messages and we will replace your fan at no cost. We have a one year free labor replacement policy and a 30 day 100% replacement policy. LeNale Engineering is a service disabled veteran owned small business and we take pride in our product. Many years have been put into the engineering of these fans. It is our goal not to have any unhappy customers.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Everybody knows what fan to buy; right???