Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

2014 Bikes On The Bricks. September 12th, 13th & 14th in Flint, MI

Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2014 Bikes On The Bricks. September 12th, 13th & 14th in Flint, MI

Bikes on the Bricks 2014. The annual 2nd weekend of September event is held in downtown, which is an old fashion bricked portion of roadway. On the north end of town at the bridge over the Flint River is parking and vendors. West of there is an open air venue with bands playing almost all the time and scheduled concerts were held on Friday and Saturday night. The event ran through Sunday. I didn't make it down until the weather was a lot better on Sunday. The entire downtown is closed off to traffic, including side streets. The area is filled with bikes, bikers, families and a few thousand visitors checking out the all the bikes and activities.

In the center of town is a flat parking lot where stunt riders performed and several nationwide police motorcycle teams showed off their abilities in several different difficult tracks. The showdown was held in a small circle with traffic cones and two, or four riders would maneuver to cause the other to stop. Putting your foot down or running over the markers meant you lost.

The entire center section of downtown featured the show and custom bikes where the contest was being held. I counted 4 bikes with Chevy motors including a very cool '57 Chevy custom ride.

There were the typical food vendors and one very unique Smoked meat vendor in a custom built trailer made from hundred year old barn wood, an all original chuck wagon style. Their smoky kraut, beans and the 1/2 pound pulled pork sandwich was the best I've ever had.

Music was playing everywhere and the highlight was the entire block of show bikes. Downtown was filled with bikes from all the riders, including mine, all coming in to Flint to enjoy the comradery of fellow riders looking over even the unique everyday rides of one and another. One of the people in the crowd caught my eye, I swear he was a Yeti.

I had a great time being down there with several friends and just being surrounded by bikes and fellow bikers. It's an annual event now so you could plan on joining the weekend of fun next year.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:30 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

This was my first year to Bikes on the Bricks and look forward to next year.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:03 PM
brokenwing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good time.