Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

2009 1st MICHIGAN H.O.G. RALLY

Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2009 1st MICHIGAN H.O.G. RALLY

The First ever State H.O.G. RALLY for Michigan will be held AUGUST 27-29th, 2009 in Lansing, Michigan.

FOR REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION GO TO:

http://www.mistatehogrally.com/

Let's make this first inaugural rally a great one !!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 11:28 PM
RadRick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
The First ever State H.O.G. RALLY for Michigan will be held AUGUST 27-29th, 2009 in Lansing, Michigan.

FOR REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION GO TO:

http://www.mistatehogrally.com/

Let's make this first inaugural rally a great one !!!!

Michigan has never had a State Hog Rally?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Nope.......Michigan has never held an official H.O.G. Rally. It's about time.
For as beautiful of a state this is, with the vast shorline and senic routes....you would think more activities would be held.....but only local chapters seem to do limited things.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
kpb46
Road Master

If that is as good as they can do maybe they shouldn't have a second. What a joke.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

KPB46
How about some specifics. By your comments, you didnt seem to enthusiastic about it. What happened? or didn't happen? I know the weather was HORRIBLE...... Record COLD temps, Record RAINS in some parts of the state AND WINDY too. So fill us in. Couldn't attend due to emergency surgery last week so any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:49 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. tarrot card readings
2.carricture portraits
3.self guided tours
4.no name bands
5.all in a dealership and motel parking lot
what could be more fun than that?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
charle
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kpb46
If that is as good as they can do maybe they shouldn't have a second. What a joke.

Well, You could always volunteer for the planning committee for next years to make it better!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 AM
kpb46
Road Master

We got there at around 12:00/1:00 0n Sat. Rode 175 miles to get there. Pulled in the parking lot (luckily, no one asked for $35). Walked over and got my Passport stuff done. They were having slow races. Watched that for about two minutes. walked around the lot for a bit...nothing, oh ya demo rides. Found a guy wearing a event tee shirt and asked where the rest of the stuff was at ...vendors, food, pop & water. He said that was it and if I was hungry or thirsty there was a bar in the hotel. We went inside and asked another tee shirt wearing person and they said the same thing. So lets see $35 to park in a hotel parking lot and watch people going slow. No vendors, no refreshments, no event patches, tees, pins, etc. AND if there was, no one to show you where they were at. I feel very sorry for all those that paid to get in. I saw several groups of folks that were very P/O'd that they paid and that this was all there was. We have had fund raising poker runs that had more than that. To me it was a total embarrassment for Mich Hog

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We moved from Michigan to Idaho last year (after we finally sold our house when I retired from GM), and after I watched the Michigan economy tank, I'm surprised that the H-D dealers were able to put anything together. Sorry to read that responses and comments are poor. If there was ever a place that needed a 'pick me up,' then Michigan has to be it. Hopefully next year will be better.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:47 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

You would think they would make their first one special..... It's not like everyone is working and cant take time off from their job. I cant believe they couldn't get vendors & sponsors. MI H.O.G. should have taken pointers from the event held in Muskegon earlier in the year. Heard something like 40,000 attended that function. What a crying shame. You only get ONE CHANCE to make a good FIRST IMPRESSION.... And from what you've described, it was a total disaster. Shame on the Michigan HOG Chapter.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 1st MICHIGAN H.O.G. RALLY