Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

St.Louis area forum members

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
dabouncer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: St.Louis area forum members

..another from O'Fallon.....

Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Spitshine
Novice

Representin' the south side of the city right here. I also have to add that although I rarely let anyone other than myself work on my bikes, Docs HD in Kirkwood is one of the best in the area when it comes to Customer Service! They do a lot more to help other than just trying to sell you useless stuff. I remember mentioning to an employee at Gateway to the west about an ironhead and they responded with something like "what's that?" I was laughing to myself because I couldn't believe that they are more concerned with training employees to sell you stuff rather than hiring people who actually know what you would want out of their own experiences. I wondered whether she even had a motorcycle licence. Not to say that they are all bad, I met a few good people there but overall I would vote for Docs.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Columbia MO here.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
ferociousj
Novice

well from personal experience i was looking for a certain part for a 61 fl called docs and asked they said yea we got 1 in the old stock went to get it and they never had it at all but 2 people tried to sell me a friggin shirt between the door and the parts counter. end result i found what i needed by talking to bob at teds in alton and he had 3 oem parts still in factory wrapper from 61 thats service. docs sold off all of their old stock about 8-10 years ago teds bought it. i like the old iron and the guys who know how to look it up in a manual not just a comp. north county of st. louis here

Old 08-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny. I think it all depends on the day and who you get to talk to. I have always received everything I wanted and very good service from Doc's and have never been pressured by any salesmen. I'll grant it, I don't have a classic, but they usually have what I'm looking for and when they don't they get it pretty quickly. One of the parts guys lives in the same town I do and he will even bring it to my house so that I don't have to travel 40 miles to pick it up! Several dealers I have been too have a sign up that they won't perform service on anything pre-1984!
I was in Ted's not too long ago and the young guy behind the parts counter didn't know much at all but acted like he knew everything, and was not very pleasant to deal with.
So who knows!
Phil

Old 08-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been to Docs a number of times and I've had people approach me to see if I need any help finding what I'm looking for, but I've never had anybody try to pressure me into buying something, t-shirt or otherwise. When I tell them I don't need help they leave me alone. And for what it's worth, there are two other dealerships--Gateway and Frieze--who are closer to me than Docs but if there's something I need that's where I go.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp

Dixon/Ftl Leonard Wood, MO, area... A bit SW of STL

Old 04-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Marcelo gOZZI
Stage III

Hi my name is Marcelo from Brazil I live in Saint Louis now, South County and I would like to know friends here for ride in this good highway in United States !

My last Harley in Brazil was Softail Deluxe but here I have a Sportster Custom ! I like so much HD but I live here since October 2013 with my family wife and 2 children and I do not have bikers friends here.

I live near to Gateway HD just 2 miles and I went to know DOCs.

If have a trip please tell me.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
jjtroutbum
Tourer

Lonedell St. Clair area out in the twistys

Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

rat run first Sunday of October !