Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Bike show

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bike show

I am not sure if I am allowed to do this here so if not, I'm sorry in advance. If you are in the Chicago area there is a bike show in Morris Illinois on 09/24/12 at the race track/ Grundy county fairgrounds. Morris is about 40 miles southwest of Chicago right off of RT 80. It's a really nice bike show and huge swap meet. People are trying to move stuff before winter sets in. It will be the 1st "official" bike show I enter my bike in. My bike looks so much more different in person rather then in pictures. I have been told that I have the sweetest bike in town, I guess I will find out how well it fairs against others and see how well all my time and money pans out. I think these SS's set's the bikes that has it out from all the rest. I have to admit it's nice winning or placing but to me the bike is everything I always wanted. I would love to see some other people from around this area show up, meet some good people, make new friends and shoot the poop with. Like I said before. All I have done the past 15 years was work and raise kids on my own. Now it's my turn and I just started getting back out this summer. I am originally from Ohio so my "friends list" is a short one. I hope to see some people from the area there. If anyone from the area does decide to go send me a note and maybe we can work out a way, place and time to meet up there.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck, but it ain't about the bike. I went to a show about a month ago and a guy with a stock fatboy took 3rd place. There were some nice bikes there too. So make sure you get on your soap box and tell everyone about your bike

Old 08-23-2012, 02:18 PM
phanowel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck, man. If I were anywhere near it, I'd go - always nice to look a great bikes, including yours.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the advice Kozy and I agree. To me, my bike is a winner in my eyes. I have this thing set up in a way that it is everything I always wanted. It's always 1st place in my eyes. I do want to see how it pans out though. In part I did this bike with this in mind. I am actually kind of a shy guy and don't like standing out but I have been looking at other bikes at bike shows the past 10 years and it's just something I always thought would be fun and a cool thing to do, seeing how I have the most boring life. Working and raising kids has kept me pretty isolated the past good many years. I have seen bikes that will blow mine away but it seems like a fun thing to do and a way to meet some people. Having fun and making new friends is really what it's all about anyway. Thats why I posted this, to have some people in the area come out if they want and maybe making some friends, riding bud's and so on.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely, that's the attitude you need to have. I'm with you on being shy/laid back. If someone comes up to me and asks about the bike I'll talk all day, but I'm not just going to start telling people. I met some cool people when I went

Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 PM
prldrm
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It says that show is moved to 9/30. I checked that one out last year. I didn't see where the bike show was, but there was a ton of stuff to look through. I'll have to keep that one in mind because it was pretty cool. I think there's also a swap/show on 10/7 in Peotone. It's supposed to be pretty good, but I keep missing it.

http://www.walneckswap.com/

Old 08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Also Kozy I had a small sign made up for my bike that will sit with the bike so people can read it and not have to ask questions unless they want to. I also did it so I didn't have to stand there all day and explain things so I can walk around some and look at the other bikes as well. I just think this kind of stuff is really fun, meet new people and yes, see how well mine does compared to others. If I come in last place, oh well, it's still fun to me. Winning or placing is not why I am going there. I might also add thats its always REALLY nice to look at all the ladies too. I would be fibbing if I said anything else or less!!!

Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
tlar1540
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a great looking ride TBone. Wish you the best at the show with it. I know what you mean about taking care of the family first & waiting to enjoy your passion. Again, good luck at the show!!

Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
ILLEGAL REGAL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a website? I might have to go