Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

ohio bike week

Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 AM
06Cummins
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it's not put on by the dealer. It use to be at the fair grounds were everything was in one location but the county wanted to charge an outrageous amount $$$. We took the dice/poker run yesterday to Kelleys Island it was fun first run I have made. The weather has not been all that great either.

Jackyl is playing downtown Sandusky tonight free concert

Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
iFortyEight
Cruiser

I need to try and go to this, this year

Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
vegashd
Banned

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
I went up to the Bike Week Events yesterday. All I can say is WHAT A F ing JOKE.
I can't believe anyone ever going back to this so called Bike Week. In talking to some of the few vendors there, they weren't impressed either. I've never seen such a long and spread out bike event of this size. I also think location sucks. Someplace in the center of the state would be a better draw. Maybe National Trails on 40 east of Columbus or Mid Ohio. Someplace that can handle everything at one location.
I just got the impression that this was more of a single dealer ( owner) event and NOT put on by major players in the Motorcycle industry of Ohio.
I don't know what vendors you talked to but I know the few I know personally can't wait to go back next year.

Handle everything at one location? Don't ever go to sturgis, or Laughlin, or Daytona... Speead out all over town.... Seems like you need to stick to your little west world az bike week as that it seems all you have been to.

Last edited by vegashd; 06-13-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been ridding close to 35 yrs. and been to just a few events from the East coast to West Coast. In fact I was at Laughlin last year, Laconia 20004 Daytonia 1988, Hollister 2008. So don't tell me I have know idea what a Bike week is like. And in all of YOUR references the entire town is bike week, and is expected to be spread out. Did I miss something? I only say three locations in or near Sandusky, miles apart and nothing in between.
What I'm saying is for all the hype about it. I was very disappointed.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 AM
vegashd
Banned

Originally Posted by Cotton Hill
I've been ridding close to 35 yrs. and been to just a few events from the East coast to West Coast. In fact I was at Laughlin last year, Laconia 20004 Daytonia 1988, Hollister 2008. So don't tell me I have know idea what a Bike week is like. And in all of YOUR references the entire town is bike week, and is expected to be spread out. Did I miss something? I only say three locations in or near Sandusky, miles apart and nothing in between.
What I'm saying is for all the hype about it. I was very disappointed.
I hate having to break things done, Laughlin consists of Laughlin, the big tent party in kingman which ther say half make it to over the 4 days... It's 35 miles away!

Daytona has miles and miles in between some things going on.

Like I said, stick to your ax bike week as its all under one tent...

Old 05-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Happy Hippo
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea! I get to go to Ohio bike week now!!! be there June 3rd

Old 05-24-2015, 08:12 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We will be at ohio bike week starting June 4th staying downtown sandusky also for anyone interested I will have the HDForums Mascot with me if anyone wants to continue its travels if anyone is heading to Laconia or Sturgis or anywhere else.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
We will be at ohio bike week starting June 4th staying downtown sandusky also for anyone interested I will have the HDForums Mascot with me if anyone wants to continue its travels if anyone is heading to Laconia or Sturgis or anywhere else.
Jerry, you need to update your location and your signature. You still have the link from the spring ride 5 years ago. lol
Depending on weather, we may come up and hunt ya down for lunch.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Default ohio bike week

I'll be up in Sandusky for OBW from Thursday the 4th until Sunday the 7th. I. Not going to Laconia, but I'd be honored to carry to Mascot to Sturgis for the 75th.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:27 AM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

GF and I are heading up in a couple hours for a day trip, and I'm riding back up Saturday with a couple buds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ohio bike week