Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to HDForums.com!

Social Group
This is a public group.

FL-Dyna Interest Group

Group Created by SURFOR Chop

Those who own or who are interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends (and other features ... hard bags, rear fender, etc.)

View All Members Showing 10 of 298 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1391 to 1400 of 1597
  1. traveler
    01-02-2011 08:41 PM
    traveler
    what's the width on this road king fender? Might be a good starting point for guys with 2005 and older DYNA's.....might be able to help another guy out, and recoup some money.
  2. t-sport
    01-02-2011 07:07 AM
    t-sport
    Happy New Year first of all...
    I've got my triple trees ready to go and I wanted to post some pics but the site won't let me. Something about a missing secutity token? I e-mailed the administrator and didn't get a response. Anyone know anything about this?
  3. AFMM3
    01-01-2011 05:39 PM
    AFMM3
    Me thinks the Heritage rear fender is no wider than the FLH fender. Maybe even less. Once again the chart shows a 160 maximum for that fender. There are 09 and newer fenders on ebay, I think I paid $40 for one that was scratched in the showroom.
  4. roofer
    12-31-2010 08:24 PM
    roofer
    I put a fender from a 2005 Heritage on mine, you need to add some spacers because its to narrow and patch and re drill holes other than that it fits fine.
  5. trip20
    12-31-2010 10:05 AM
    trip20
    Do any of you guys know if fenders from the Softail line will work? I was able to sell the '08 fender so I'm cruising ebay each day lookin' for one that will work and I keep seeing fenders from Heritage Softails and they have a similar look to the touring line. Wondering if any will fit between the struts on my Dyna?
  6. Oldman - New Iron
    12-24-2010 04:23 PM
    Oldman - New Iron
    Merry christmas & a happy new years
  7. trip20
    12-22-2010 05:51 PM
    trip20
    When you're right, you're right!

It would probably work but it's too close for comfort so I'm gonna sell it and start over....
  8. trip20
    12-22-2010 12:20 PM
    trip20
    traveler -- that's definitely an idea, and I think doing it carefully I might be ok, but I'd also be afraid of stressing any welds. The fender is being delivered today so I'll know for sure if any bending/grinding is even necessary. It might not be.

AFMM3 -- That link is a great resource thanks for posting it. Now I might be reading it incorrectly so tell me if I'm wrong here...... but according to my interpretation, my 2008 Road King rear fender can handle a max tire size of 160mm before modifications are necessary. And my Wide Glide has a 160mm rear.

Click the image to open in full size.

SURFOR Chop -- you're right I completely ignored the fact that those guys have been there, done that.... I should spend some time reading their threads. Thanks man.
  9. traveler
    12-22-2010 10:03 AM
    traveler
    Couple of thoughts, if I may:

The spacing between the struts....rather than grinding away material, what would happen if you took a small jack and a piece of wood and stuck it between the struts and jacked the jack up and just lightly spread/"tweak" the struts apart? Wouldn't take much, and would be MUCH better than grinding away the powdercoating, IMHO.

The "conduit"...i replaced mine...bought it at the dealer for around 10 bucks. You can easily butt splice wiring and then shrink wrap it if you need to lengthen any wiring....or shorten any up...that's what I did.

~Joe
  10. AFMM3
    12-22-2010 06:11 AM
    AFMM3
    Bry, here is a chart I use to confirm what wheel size came on a bike and what will fit without customizing. http://www.hdwheels.com/Product.htm . Looks like a 150 is the most that will fit under an 08 fender.

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors