Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Pull Behind Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:25 AM
jjohnson77536
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
For every doom and gloom story, there are many great experiences ... Either live in the shadows or take a shot at enjoying life and the positive experiences it offers ... I ( and several pals, 4 Bushtecs in all ) have been all over the country and not one negative experience.
Thank you Larry...

"For every doom and gloom story, there are many great experiences ... Either live in the shadows or take a shot at enjoying life and the positive experiences it offers ... I ( and several pals, 4 Bushtecs in all ) have been all over the country and not one negative experience. "

Old 10-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I have pulled a trailer behind three different bikes over the last 15+ years .. the Bushtec cargo trailer in the pix and a couple of different Bunkhouse campers.

Pulling a trailer isn't for everyone .. won't even try to explain why we like using a trailer .. but it works for us. Personal choice. Is there additional risk? Yes, but risk my wife and I have accepted and feel strongly we've prepared ourselves for .. whether or not I have trailer, the other nutts on the road are still the problem.

Last edited by Concours; 10-31-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by fwb35
After seeing what happened to a fellow rider pulling a trailer last year I will never ever put myself in that position, pulling a trailer with a motorcycle is just not a good idea in my opinion.

Seriously? I read in the paper of a guy who died while having sex. Well that does it for me! Over the years I've come across a lot of bike accidents. I've never come across an accident involving a bike and trailer. My theory is that someone pulling a trailer is a lot more conscious of their surroundings. I have over a 100K with a trailer and it's never put me in a position where I felt in danger.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:58 PM
chilidogtampa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another homebuilt HF/sears trailer here.

here is a great forum, all you could ever want to know about the topic.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...&gid=449428940

on the safety point, dangerous? sure, yes, so is riding. I wouldn't talk somebody INTO towing if they weren't interested in it just like I wouldn't tell somebody they SHOULD ride without a helmet. if you choose to go lidless I respect your right to choose. if you decide to tow please be careful, its extra responsibility but its also lots of fun.