Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Bought a Trailer to tow behind the bike tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:25 PM
m.colley
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
thanks for info that is the hitch i am looking at from open road looks like its same one that mchitch has.
The hitch Open Road Outfitters has is a MCHITCH hitch. I was looking recently and ended up buying a receiver hitch from www.usatrailerstore.com. Its a Khrome Werks knock off I'm sure just a lot cheaper. I bought their isolator harness too.

Martin

Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Hope you enjoy your Aluma as much as we have. Over 100,000 miles on our '03. We put a HitchDoc on the bike. Great hitch, great people.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Now you have to get out and put some miles on her

Old 08-05-2015, 05:58 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

oh ya, no doubt about that. im doing some design work to figure out what to build for the dog carrier on the top and have a decal guy doing some proto type for the sides.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:37 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Default first ride with trailer

Well all the parts came in and i got them all installed today and took the first test ride around the neighborhood loop and then put the dogs on and took ride around town and to the local place for some food.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:47 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't use safety chains as if your trailer comes unhooked those chains are gonna make your life very miserable,believe me.That trailer comes unhooked and your just along for the ride,nothing so valuable to put your life in jeopardy. Don't listen to all the it's the law BS. Toss them. JMO

Old 08-09-2015, 08:54 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
I don't use safety chains as if your trailer comes unhooked those chains are gonna make your life very miserable,believe me.That trailer comes unhooked and your just along for the ride,nothing so valuable to put your life in jeopardy. Don't listen to all the it's the law BS. Toss them. JMO
Are you serious?
It is the law.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:10 AM
sbaumann14
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

don't like having them on the same side. I put mine on opposite sides so if the trailer comes unhooked, it'll just fall onto the chains like its supposed to do

Old 08-18-2015, 06:25 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

sba completely agree with you that was for test run with the new drop hitch receiver i have to get some longer chains at the hardware as i am like you on the one on each side you have a better chance it will just drop but both on one side it will swing that direction no question about it.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:34 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Jerry, must be brothers from a different mother. I just bought this Aluma MCTXL last month and drug it out west. Added the swivel, wiring from electical connections, hitch from N-Line.

My favorite thing about the trailer is having the cooler along for cold road pops when the opportunity arisses. I noticed just about every Aluma trailer was sporting the Coleman steel belted cooler. No doubt because of the look. The Coleman gets awful reviews for it's weak latch, handles and lousy insulation. I bought a YETI 35 and it worked great even in multiple days of 100 degree heat. No need to face the lid backwards, the YETI lid is not going to pop open. You can also secure it to your trailer with the YETI cable lock.

Too bad we didn't get to meet when we passed the mascot. Mark was on the trip and took this pic in Colorado.

Quick Reply: Bought a Trailer to tow behind the bike tonight