Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Raked Neck Cups.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
dive328
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raked Neck Cups.

HI all..
well.. that tax return check should be in next week, as soon as it is i'm placing my oder with Mystery.

In the meantime I've been superbusy with researching this whole project. Budget wise, I can not do the complete front end like I'de like to this year. Eventually I would like either a 5 or 7 degree raked tree, with 4" over tubes.
but for now I have found that they make raked cups. I know that to get the wobble out rakign is necessary and though it won't be as raked as I would like, for the $179.00 dollars I could at leat make it a little longer and safer this year.
Does anyone have experiance with raked cups ? It will not be my final anwser, but Pro's and Cons would be apprecieated and installition info if anyone can help..
thanks again all..
I will post pics of my build as soon as i start it.. thanks.
Kevin.

Raked Chrome Neck Cup Kit.

[align=center][/align]Raked Chrome Neck Cup Kit.Fits 1988-up includes longer stem 3 degree rake requires longer fork tubes

Old 02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Raked Neck Cups.

hey, dive. i can't help you with the idea of raked cups. i considered them, but went ahead and went with my raked trees and extended front end. i have heard that raked cups work fine and for the price, you should see some improvement in the handling.

have you considereda steering damper, for the speed wobbles? i was very close to purchasing a steering damper, but couldn't find one that would give me a proper fit. if i can recall, you have a sportster, and Storz makes something you might find beneficial.

check it out!

http://www.storzperf.com/np_Sportsterdamp.html

Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
dive328
Intermediate

Thanks again Grimm.. I've not considered them.. only because i hate the way they look.. "ya know as they say, It is better to look good than to geel good"........ I would.. for safety sake in a last ditch effort. but if i can get the results from a raked cup, probably about the same price anyway..

Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
valveguide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cups , that help get the shakes out. Do you also have to add inches to the fork tubes for these ?

Like you said for the price ! ...

03142008 , never mind I just reread the original post , it had a mention to 4 inch over tubes ...

Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
dive328
Intermediate

I,m not going to run longer tubes, at least not yet. I'm going to sqautt this thing as low as possible. If the handling is not as improved as i want, then eventually I will add longer tubes.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
valveguide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dive328

I,m not going to run longer tubes, at least not yet. I'm going to sqautt this thing as low as possible. If the handling is not as improved as i want, then eventually I will add longer tubes.
Please get a pic posted somewhere. I would like to see the look ...