Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Harley factory trike!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 01:19 AM
SDEUCET
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley factory trike!!!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US&nbsp\\; On the home page under whats happenning!&nbsp\\; Just saw it tonight sorry if it's old news!

Old 08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
ollscool
Intermediate
Default RE: Harley factory trike!!!

It's nothing more then a Lehman kit. I dont think it's all that big of a deal. Just my .2 cents

Old 08-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Ron H
Cruiser

The Tri-Glide may just be a Lehman conversion, but according to the literature, it's a special frame, plus a 103 engine, and a fork rake adjustment (EZ steer) all factory warranted for an MSRP of $30K. When I priced trike conversions earlier this year, they were $14-18K, with the Lehman kits coming in around $15K. So a new Ultra Classic with a Lehman kit was $38K. Even considering the out-the-door price on a Tri-Glide with reverse is probably closer to $32,500, that's still over $5K cheaper than modding an Ultra. And you'd end up with only the 96 ci engine and no warranty on the trike. Harley has a very competitive product in the Tri-Glide, and I'm sure they'll sell every one they build.

Last edited by Ron H; 08-08-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:59 AM
*Merlin*
Cruiser

I would still like to see that liquid cooled V-rod motor in it.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:50 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ron H

The Tri-Glide may just be a Lehman conversion, but according to the literature, it's a special frame, plus a 103 engine, and a fork rake adjustment (EZ steer) all factory warranted for an MSRP of $30K.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; When&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I priced trike conversions earlier this year, they were $14-18K, with the Lehman kits coming in around $15K.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; So a new Ultra Classic with a Lehman kit was $38K.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Even considering the out-the-door price on a Tri-Glide with reverse is probably closer to $32,500, that's still over $5K cheaper than modding an Ultra.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; And you'd end up with only the 96 ci engine and no warranty on the trike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Harley has a very competitive product in the Tri-Glide, and I'm sure they'll sell every one they build.
&nbsp\\;
i hate everything about them.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

every rich *****, who is too scared to ride, will have one and they will think that they are the absolute ****.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-03-2008, 06:49 PM
*Merlin*
Cruiser

grimm,
&nbsp\\;
If you have something to say brother just spit it out.&nbsp\\; You don't have to candy coat it for us.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
mazzurco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read somewhere that the Tri-Glide was to be available sometime in August. HD sends the bike to Lehman in South Dakota than they assemble the rear end then it get's shipped to the dealer. Wonder if the Tri Glide is in Sturgis? I'm going down to my dealer soon to ask some questions like will the Tri Glide except after market pipes such as true duals like Rinehart’s. How about smog in California will they be required to pass like a motor vehicle?

I came real close to buying a new StreetGlide than putting a Champion kit on it. I was going to order it paint ready from Champion than have a custom paint job that I had all dreamed up in my head. It would have cost me more than the Tri Glide. I may purchase one but it needs to be customized so what so we don’t all look the same, all Ultra in just 3 colors.

I spoke with Lehman awhile ago (4 to 5 months ago) and asked why there was no dealer in the San Francisco Bay area (7 Million people) they told me that California does not consider a trike a motorcycle. You don't need a motorcycle license to drive therefore they have to meet motor vehicle emissions and they could not pass. I'm a bit confused now as to how they will pass smog. I guess the Motor Company figured something out. Anybody know anything about the smog deal in California?
I know you can register one once it has 6500 miles on it so you could buy out of state. I was just going to register it as a motorcycle and then do the conversion and hope I got lucky with the CHP in my area. Since my accident I have to ride a trike so this new Tri glide looks like a good thing for guys like me.
Thanks in Advance if Anybody has some answers.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
black bart2
Intermediate
Default RE:Grimm's Comments

If you hate trikes, why are you on this forum? Also, besides rich ******, there seems to be riders that are too short, or perhaps handicapped due to accidents or injuries that want to ride but need the stability of more than two wheels. As the age of some of us bikers gets up there, maybe the weight and/or balance factor affects whether we ride or not. I am retired and ride my FLHT and FXCW, but I'm thinking about converting my Dresser to a trike. It's my choice to own a trike and I'm sure there are a few morons like you that think that they are always right to judge everyone else. Before you condemn a trike, talk to people that own them and find out why they ride a three wheeler. I've ridden bikes for well over forty years and have met some outstanding Harley people, alway friendly and eager to help another biker in need. You, my friend, seem to be among the minority of bikers who are only interested in his own little world. Please remain uninformed, it suits you.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
1sportytrike
Outstanding HDF Member

cool it bart. before you go bashing someone about something read wrong you might check out some of his other posts. grimm is a hell of a good guy who rides a trike and knows his stuff about them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley factory trike!!!