Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Hacked, Conversions and Trailering
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

P

Old 01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Trike Jack

What do you guys use to jack up your trikes? Buddy has a Lehman and was wondering how my J&S would work under it.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Prospect

A handy table lift with extended sides. Beats working while sitting or kneeling on the floor.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Road Captain

Direct lift with extended sides......like cms says, only way to go.

Last edited by FBTRIKE; 02-20-2009 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: caint spel
Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Sounds pretty pricey. If he doesn't want to go that route will a J&S or other standard MC jack work. I'm sure it will handle the weight, just wondering if's there's a problem with the sideboards or an off balance issue.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Prospect

I have a Pit Bull jack and it won't work with my trike -- balance issue.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Prospect

Wife has a Fatboy with DFT kit on it. The jack will pick it up but it is not really wide enough and you will have a SERIOUS balance issue. I have to agree with the other replies you have gotten. Think about a true lift with side extenders. That is going to be my next purchase.

I had to change the starter on the Fatboy and it was a pain in the shorts. I didn't know that when they build a new Harley they begin with the starter and build everything around it. Though for awhile we were going to have to disassemble the whole thing to get to the starter.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass it on to him. Just thought that since they show the J&S with the guy sitting on the passenger pillion with no problem, it might work with a trike.

Seems like a table jack with side extensions is going to run $1000+. Do I have that right or do they have models cheaper than that?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Road Warrior

I have used my motorcycle jack for the front and borrowed a buddys scissors jack under the rear when I needed to get the back of the bike off the ground to have my rear wheels taken off to powder coat. But my plan is to get a table lift
2008Roadglide w/124" with custom cams and HD ported heads done by John @ http://www.jwperf.com/ / MOTOR TRIKE Kit,Champion reverse gear,Custom made right side shifter ( Lost my left leg above the knee due to a hit n run driver )SOOS's custom made floorboard spacer,MotorcycleMetal.com HID Headlights,
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE View Post
I have used my motorcycle jack for the front and borrowed a buddys scissors jack under the rear when I needed to get the back of the bike off the ground to have my rear wheels taken off to powder coat. But my plan is to get a table lift
Yea, that's what we were thinking of trying. My J&S is very stable and I think it and the scissors would work in a pinch. He's not much of a wrencher so I doubt he's going to be doing it very often.

BTW, that's one of the sharpest looking trikes I've ever seen. A real eye catcher. But I'm sure you know that
Old 02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers1817 View Post
Yea, that's what we were thinking of trying. My J&S is very stable and I think it and the scissors would work in a pinch. He's not much of a wrencher so I doubt he's going to be doing it very often.

BTW, that's one of the sharpest looking trikes I've ever seen. A real eye catcher. But I'm sure you know that
Thank you for the compliment
2008Roadglide w/124" with custom cams and HD ported heads done by John @ http://www.jwperf.com/ / MOTOR TRIKE Kit,Champion reverse gear,Custom made right side shifter ( Lost my left leg above the knee due to a hit n run driver )SOOS's custom made floorboard spacer,MotorcycleMetal.com HID Headlights,
Old 02-20-2009, 08:49 PM

P