Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Finally got my triple tree on

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
1sportytrike
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my triple tree on

The 5 degree rake makes one heck of a difference. There is no low speed wobble and the trike handles and steers like a dream. A 5 degree rake pushes the front wheel out real nice. I was surprised how much difference it makes in the looks. I've worried around about doing this for almost 2 years and it turned out better than I could have imagined. I'm going to have a flame job done on her in a few weeks so I'm going to hold off posting pics until everything is done but these triple trees have me excited and I had to share.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

1Sportytrike, I really like your trike. Nice looking.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you.........I knew you'ld like the raked trees. Look forward to seeing the pics with the new paint.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 PM
kentuckydave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile triple trees

What brand of triple trees did you use? I have looked into Hawg Halters but they are on the pricey side.

Hawg Halters does make a 4.5 degree set for a Fatboy and that is what we need for the wife's Softail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Congrats. I got mine installed yesterday and will finish the job tomorrow. I was delayed some due to swapping the springs at the same time and having a fork with the old cartridge installed. Needed to order some parts to get rid of that setup.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:41 AM
1sportytrike
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kentuckydave
What brand of triple trees did you use? I have looked into Hawg Halters but they are on the pricey side.

Hawg Halters does make a 4.5 degree set for a Fatboy and that is what we need for the wife's Softail.

I used Hawg Halters. I've heard lots of good things about them and they were real good about answering my questions and calling me back when I left messages with them. I ythink you'll find that their prices are pretty much in line with others and the quality is great.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kentuckydave

I put hawg halters on my fatboy, and at the time they were cheaper than others that will accept your tins. They also look nicer. No tube nuts on the top tree....nice and smooth. Very happy with mine, great quality.

Just trying to clarify...if you compare their prices to standerd raked trees they are comperable in price, but if you compare them to other trees that will accept fatboy tins, they are cheaper........or at least they where when I got mine less than a year ago.

Last edited by FBTRIKE; 02-14-2009 at 01:26 PM.