Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Hacked, Conversions and Trailering
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

P

Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Hang Around
Send a message via Yahoo to Tail Dragger
Default '98 sidecar on an '05 Ultra Classic

I have a 2005 Ultra Classic and just purchased a sweet clean 1998 Harley sidecar that I want to mount on it. The problem is that Im being told that these two rigs wont work together. Does anyone know what the deal is? Am I being screwed with by a dealer who wants to sell me a new car rather than mount the one that I have?
The knees are getting bad and I purchased this car to help me support and balance and to be able to take my two grandsons for a ride with me. Im looking forward to getting this rigged up and on the road.

Ride Safe - Ride Proud

Ride Captain & BoD member
Michigan PGR
Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Call the MOCO HQ. They will assist you.

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:

Harley-Davidson Customer Service

Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Elite HDF Member

Agree with badinfluence63.

I was told by my dealer that all the sidecars are the same from 1998 to 2008. They also told me that the old '03 sidecar that was mounted on my last Ultra ('03) would fit my new '08, but I traded it in for the new one. Sounds to me like either your dealer is messing with you, or my dealer told me wrong.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Club Member

My neighbor purchased an 06 Ultra and wanted to mount his 95 side car to it and found out it wouldn't be all that easy but could be done.
1:Brake fluid was different between bike and side car. Would need to change brakr fluid and lines in side car.
2: There is a change in the frame on the newer Ultras 2001 and above. It could be done with a retrofit at a cost of about 1,500. He was concerned about the retrofit and the hook-up. He purchased a new Hannigan side car and has never looked back.
The dealer is not handing you a line, there is a difference.

2009 Triglide - Wood TW555 Cams, Suspension Lift By TglideStuff, Butter Smooth Clutch Pull by ClutchWIZ.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 AM

P