Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

My new Aluma MCT trailer to pull behind my Street Glide

Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
800XC SP
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My new Aluma MCT trailer to pull behind my Street Glide

I just bought my trailer end of April, finally had the time to install my hitch & trailer light harness last week. Took it out on it's maiden voyage last Sunday, pulls great.
The dealer where I bought the trailer also has a body shop & would have painted it to match the bike for $300. Never having pulled a trailer b/4 with a bike I thought I would give it a try b/4 painting it to match the bike in case I didn't like it, easier to sell a black trailer.
I think the set up would look better if the trailer matched the bike, what do you all think?

Attached Thumbnails My new Aluma MCT trailer to pull behind my Street Glide-img_1812.jpg   My new Aluma MCT trailer to pull behind my Street Glide-img_1815.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Hope you enjoy your Aluma as much as we do. Got ours in '03 and have close to 80K on it. We had them computer match the bike to the trailer because the color codes supplied by Harley was just a shade off. Ended up with a perfect match.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebike32
Hope you enjoy your Aluma as much as we do. Got ours in '03 and have close to 80K on it. We had them computer match the bike to the trailer because the color codes supplied by Harley was just a shade off. Ended up with a perfect match.
You certainly have a VERY nice looking rig. Something to be very proud of.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM
DarrenUltra010
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Uncle also has the MCT and is very pleased. I plan on getting one soon!!

Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
DarrenUltra010
Advanced

What hitch do you have 800XC SP?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Rsnyder
Novice

Welcome to the group. I really like mine.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 800XC SP
I think the set up would look better if the trailer matched the bike, what do you all think?
I actually think there is enough black on your bike (seat, windshield, etc.) that your trailer looks good as it is. I just bought a red American Legend trailer and my bike's black (well, black pearl anyway), so I'm in the same/opposite boat as you. To paint or not to paint, that is the question. I think I've decided to go with the color-matched paint and not worry about re-selling it later. Chances are I'll keep it for a good long time anyway. And if future trailer-buyers are anything like me, they'll by a good trailer at a good price no matter what the color. They can always paint it.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
davep
Cruiser

I've had my Aluma trailer for 4 years and love it. One thing I added was a swival hitch. Lot better when you go into curves etc.. no bending on the hitch. Also, if you drop your bike (hope that never happens) switch hitch will turn and no bending of any parts. Did carpet the inside, that may a beg difference.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
davep
Cruiser

Big difference not BEG.....sorry about the spelling....

Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by davep
I've had my Aluma trailer for 4 years and love it. One thing I added was a swival hitch. Lot better when you go into curves etc.. no bending on the hitch. Also, if you drop your bike (hope that never happens) switch hitch will turn and no bending of any parts. Did carpet the inside, that may a beg difference.
+1 on the swivel hitch. After about 40K the little fork that clamps under the ball was starting to bend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new Aluma MCT trailer to pull behind my Street Glide