Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Hacked, Conversions and Trailering
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

P

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Road Warrior
Default Unmodified Lehman trike breaks speed record

Unmodified Lehman trike breaks speed record at Bonneville

A new international speed record for three-wheeled motorcycles was set this week by a Lehman trike at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The trike was unmodified save for a custom power plant, according to Lehman officials.
Piloted by racer Bill Chambers of Upland, Calif., the specially prepared Lehman Renegade reached a top speed of 123.404 miles per hour. The certified two-pass average over the course was 121.672, setting a new international record for the class.
The trike (see photo) used an unmodified Renegade conversion kit; however, it employed a custom V-twin power plant provided by engine developmental company Aces and Eights Racing from Deadwood, S.D.
“I think it is important to note that this speed record was attained using an unmodified Renegade conversion kit,” stated Ken Hines, president and CEO of Lehman Trikes. “This product is exactly what our customers purchase from their Lehman Trikes dealer.”
Racer Chambers said that the achievement at Bonneville "was one of the greatest highlights of my racing career. The Lehman Trike design is amazing in its stability and handling. I look forward to returning to the Salt Flats next year and bettering the international record.”

2008Roadglide w/S&S 124" Sleeper kit with custom cams and HD ported heads done by TORQUE INC / MOTOR TRIKE Kit,Champion reverse gear,Custom made right side shifter ( Lost my left leg above the knee due to a hit n run driver )SOOS's custom made floorboard spacer,MotorcycleMetal.com HID Headlights,

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 09-02-2011 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Club Member

Interesting, would be kind of fun to pin the throttle and see where it ended up.

Red Ultra Powered By Head-Quarters 120, Easy Clutch Pull By ClutchWIZ
2012 GL1800 Hannigan.
I've yet to ride a stock Harley which wasn't in need of a mechanical intervention.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM

P

Tags
harleydavidson, lehman, motorcycle, record, speed, trailer, trike