Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

2008 flstsb cross bones crossbones trike

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Scott Hall
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pup, I'll get you in touch with my fabricator when he gets back from The GNRS in LA next week. It's a good time to do it since he can use my trike as a reference point. Fenders might be hard since my tires are wider.

Here are updated mock up pics:

The bed will be moved forward a few inches and a recessed 4" skirt will be added around the bottom to mimic the original Model A frame cover which will hold the Model A tail lights and tag.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
hdvespa
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Who's trike kit did you use. Trike looks nice

Old 06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Scott Hall
Cruiser

Frankenstein Softail Sport 38" axle & swingarm, True Spoke Wheels, and Nitto tires.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM
DocFMF
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

Thank you that would be great.

How much clearance do you have between the box and the inside of the tires? I'd have some struts fabricated to bolt on where the fender struts mount to mount the box to. Would be a very solid mount and the box wouldent ride up and down with the suspension. How do you intend to mount yours?

Pup

Last edited by DocFMF; 06-15-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Scott Hall
Cruiser

Here's the latest. Bed is powdercoated for primer. Denim black paint and pinstriping next. Dog carrier is sitting in there for effect.

Last edited by Scott Hall; 10-10-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Mo.Rob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks great!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 AM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one of the nicest trikes I have ever seen love it man!!

What if a lady friend wants a ride though?

Lump

Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
BGodowski
Novice

Hey Scott, Awesome!
I've been wanting to do a Model A style bed forever, as well. Seeing yours definetely puts my dream into a reality. I wonder if you wouldn't mind offering me some intel on what to give my fabricator. Or did he just create on the fly? If you have any info that could help my fabricator replicate and your cost, I would truly be thankful!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Scott Hall
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BGodowski
Hey Scott, Awesome!
I've been wanting to do a Model A style bed forever, as well. Seeing yours definetely puts my dream into a reality. I wonder if you wouldn't mind offering me some intel on what to give my fabricator. Or did he just create on the fly? If you have any info that could help my fabricator replicate and your cost, I would truly be thankful!
I showed the fabricator some pictures of Model A styled beds I liked from www.trikeworks.com. My only requirement was that the bed cover as much of the modern suspended rear end as possible to make it look similar to an old rigid custom servicar. He came up with the Model A styled frame skirt at the bottom and chanelled floor so the bed wouldn't look like a big box or look like it was floating high above the rear end. I actually had a friend draw up a design for the entire thing based on how I thought it should be constructed but the fabricator just did his own thing. www.paughco.com now has a bolt on Model A truck bed for all models in it's 2013 Supplement even though it is a bit of a big square box it's an easy bolt on affair without any fabrication required.

Scotty

Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
BGodowski
Novice

Originally Posted by Scott Hall
I showed the fabricator some pictures of Model A styled beds I liked from www.trikeworks.com. My only requirement was that the bed cover as much of the modern suspended rear end as possible to make it look similar to an old rigid custom servicar.

Scotty
Excellent info!!! far more than I had. Thank you Scott, this was a huge push forward. I'm WAY tired of zip-tieing my crutches on the frame, I want to be able to carry my wheelchair with style, and that bed design just completes the look I've wanted for years.

Quick Reply: 2008 flstsb cross bones crossbones trike